• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its incredible how much applications have blown up over the past few years.  When I started at UW in 2013 we had 1200 applicants total, and the years before they only had around 500-800.  Now you all are telling me its over 3000 total applicants... my goodness!  Reading through some of the stats for those of you waitlisted, its easy to see you all are very strong candidates, so please don't feel like you are doing anything wrong.  It just sounds so ridiculously competitive and that is the limiting factor.  

Good luck to you all!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey tavenne323,

I loved Madison's program, as I figured I would.ha It definitely has me thinking hard about where I will attend should I be accepted here. The faculty,staff, and students were all very helpful and friendly, and Thursday's introduction/info/chat with students day was very beneficial. To me that is almost as important as the actual interview itself because it gives you a feel for the program. It was all very laid back, and getting to sit in on a lecture was awesome! Also, you will find out your interview time Thursday so you won't know beforehand.Friday, you'll have 2, 15 minute interviews, and when I arrived to interview there were a few 1st year students hanging out to answer more questions and to help you forget about your nerves. It was unique and I really enjoyed it. I apologize if my reply doesn't have very much flow to it ;responding on my phone is a pain. Haha Good luck to you!

Awesome! Thanks! I'm interviewing next week for the DE program. Did people dress a tiny bit more casual on Thursday? I only have one suit, but a very nice outfit I was planning to wear for the first day. I've worn it for interviews before.

Hey tavenne323,

I loved Madison's program, as I figured I would

Tiffany

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There were some people that wore suits both days, but they wore more colorful outfits (e.g. Brown/tan suit vs. black)on Thursday. I dressed business casual on Thursday (professional top and dress pants, but no suit). I figured I should be more dressed up for the actual interview, and that's how I dressed for other programs with 2 day interview formats. Several other people were dressed business casual as well on day 1. Day 2 ( the actual interview portion) Everyone wore suits. Good luck and have a blast! Stay calm and be yourself. Tell them why you want to be a PA and why you would be a good fit for their program:) Hope this helps!

Do they interview 75 total for all of the different tracks?

Traditionally 120 interview for 30 campus spots. They may have increased that this year, but nothing dramatic (perhaps up to 150). I'm not sure about DE, there are 10 spots for them and I imagine they get 40+ interviewing for those, but that's a bit of a guess. wisPACT interviews anywhere from 20s-30s for 12 spots, but you have to be from northern Wisconsin for that option. The Public Health option is new to this year so I'm not sure how many they are interviewing for that. 

I loved the program! My friend is a first year and she said that they were told there are only 25 campus spots open this year because 5 of the spots are going to be taken by the dual degree students that were accepted last year. The MPH/MPAS students take the public health classes their first year and start the PA program their second year, thus filling those spots. I cannot wait to find out on February 16th!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived