See you there!

I got an interview invitation for the distance program. This was my second official year applying. I am interviewing Jan 28-29.

Tiffany

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Denied. Even after attending UW and applying a second time, I thought I'd have a shot. Darn. I'm lucky enough to have a fall back but good luck to the rest of you!

Anyone with an interview/denied/waitlisted care to share stats?

Here are mine.

Undergrad Ed School: University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, Major Athletic Training, Minor Business Administration

Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.41

Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.60

Graduate Ed.: College of St. Scholastica, Exercise Physiology

Graduate GPA: 3.53

Post Bachelor GPA: 4.00 (all pre-requisites, one was a retake that I originally got a C- in, two were classes I had to take over because mine were too old, one was a classes I didn't have yet)

Cumulative Science: 3.58

Age at application time: 33

GRE: Did not take, not required

Shadow Hours: none, but I work alongside a PA for 3 years, and I am currently working alongside four PAs

Letters of Reference: PA, MD, Manager

Direct Patient Care:

Certified Athletic Trainer, 7 years, some part-time, most full-time, ~11,500 hours

Medical Assistant, started at the end of September, 320 hours so far. Will continue until accepted.

Research: none

Volunteer: Variety. Hawk Ridge, Grandma's Marathon, Church Fundraisers, Mostly seasonal and temporary. ~350 hours

Schools Applied: UW-Madison (DE and Campus)

Application Submitted Date: 6/23/2015

Application Verified Date: 7/7/2015

Schools Received Application Date: 7/28/2015

Supplemental Submitted Date: 9/24/2015

Interview Invites: none, invites go out mid-December

Denied:

Withdrew Application: likely none since I only applied to one

Waitlisted:

Accepted:

Attempts: 1st

Tiffany

I declined my interview offer since I accepted a spot in another program. Hopefully this opens up an interview slot for someone who was waitlisted!

Here are mine... Waitlisted (second year in a row)

Age 35

Undergrad UW Oshkosh. Fire and emergency response management. Associates degree from FVTC in fire protection and paramedic diploma.

CASPA cumulative GPA 3.6

CASPA science GPA 3.6

Last 60 credits 4.0

Pt care - Rural 911 emergency medical service for the past 14 years. The past 12 as a paramedic on a single paramedic rig. Past ER Tech and critical care paramedic transports. Also an inpatient hospital pharmacy tech. > 30,000 hours total.

Worked with PA's in the ER and shadowed two others. One in transplant surgery and one on a hospitalist team.

Volunteered as an EMT and paramedic for years, volunteered for big brother big sisters, medical volunteer for WI AIDS ride.

Letters of reference: MD - my medical director who signs my paramedic license, Pharmacist, and my biology professor who I took zoology and anatomy and physiology with.

I didn't take the GRE.

• Upvote 1

I received word that I was placed on the alternate list for interviews for the dual program (MPH/MPAS). Anyone else in the same situation or know some stats about how many people they accept for this program? 

Thanks in advance!

Can anyone provide information as to how many they accept into each track, particularly the on campus track? Also, how big is the school on accepting in state vs out of state?

Last I heard 30. And I don't think there is any preference.

Can anyone provide information as to how many they accept into each track, particularly the on campus track? Also, how big is the school on accepting in state vs out of state?

Tiffany

Here are mine... Waitlisted (second year in a row)

Age 35

Undergrad UW Oshkosh. Fire and emergency response management. Associates degree from FVTC in fire protection and paramedic diploma.

CASPA cumulative GPA 3.6

CASPA science GPA 3.6

Last 60 credits 4.0

Pt care - Rural 911 emergency medical service for the past 14 years. The past 12 as a paramedic on a single paramedic rig. Past ER Tech and critical care paramedic transports. Also an inpatient hospital pharmacy tech. > 30,000 hours total.

Worked with PA's in the ER and shadowed two others. One in transplant surgery and one on a hospitalist team.

Volunteered as an EMT and paramedic for years, volunteered for big brother big sisters, medical volunteer for WI AIDS ride.

Letters of reference: MD - my medical director who signs my paramedic license, Pharmacist, and my biology professor who I took zoology and anatomy and physiology with.

I didn't take the GRE.

To para3732 at least you have an acceptance to Augsburg already. Many of us on here aren't that lucky to already know we are in somewhere so you are truly blessed. Congrats on your getting into Augsburg : )