• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone with an interview/denied/waitlisted care to share stats?

Here are mine.

Undergrad Ed School: University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, Major Athletic Training, Minor Business Administration

Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.41

Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.60

Graduate Ed.: College of St. Scholastica, Exercise Physiology

Graduate GPA: 3.53

Post Bachelor GPA: 4.00 (all pre-requisites, one was a retake that I originally got a C- in, two were classes I had to take over because mine were too old, one was a classes I didn't have yet)

Cumulative Science: 3.58

Age at application time: 33

GRE: Did not take, not required

Shadow Hours: none, but I work alongside a PA for 3 years, and I am currently working alongside four PAs

Letters of Reference: PA, MD, Manager

Direct Patient Care:

Certified Athletic Trainer, 7 years, some part-time, most full-time, ~11,500 hours

Medical Assistant, started at the end of September, 320 hours so far. Will continue until accepted.

Research: none

Volunteer: Variety. Hawk Ridge, Grandma's Marathon, Church Fundraisers, Mostly seasonal and temporary. ~350 hours

Schools Applied: UW-Madison (DE and Campus)

Application Submitted Date: 6/23/2015

Application Verified Date: 7/7/2015

Schools Received Application Date: 7/28/2015

Supplemental Submitted Date: 9/24/2015

Interview Invites: none, invites go out mid-December

Denied:

Withdrew Application: likely none since I only applied to one

Waitlisted:

Accepted:

Attempts: 1st

Tiffany

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are mine... Waitlisted (second year in a row)

Age 35

Undergrad UW Oshkosh. Fire and emergency response management. Associates degree from FVTC in fire protection and paramedic diploma.

CASPA cumulative GPA 3.6

CASPA science GPA 3.6

Last 60 credits 4.0

Pt care - Rural 911 emergency medical service for the past 14 years. The past 12 as a paramedic on a single paramedic rig. Past ER Tech and critical care paramedic transports. Also an inpatient hospital pharmacy tech. > 30,000 hours total.

Worked with PA's in the ER and shadowed two others. One in transplant surgery and one on a hospitalist team.

Volunteered as an EMT and paramedic for years, volunteered for big brother big sisters, medical volunteer for WI AIDS ride.

Letters of reference: MD - my medical director who signs my paramedic license, Pharmacist, and my biology professor who I took zoology and anatomy and physiology with.

I didn't take the GRE.

Here are mine... Waitlisted (second year in a row)

Age 35

Undergrad UW Oshkosh. Fire and emergency response management. Associates degree from FVTC in fire protection and paramedic diploma.

CASPA cumulative GPA 3.6

CASPA science GPA 3.6

Last 60 credits 4.0

Pt care - Rural 911 emergency medical service for the past 14 years. The past 12 as a paramedic on a single paramedic rig. Past ER Tech and critical care paramedic transports. Also an inpatient hospital pharmacy tech. > 30,000 hours total.

Worked with PA's in the ER and shadowed two others. One in transplant surgery and one on a hospitalist team.

Volunteered as an EMT and paramedic for years, volunteered for big brother big sisters, medical volunteer for WI AIDS ride.

Letters of reference: MD - my medical director who signs my paramedic license, Pharmacist, and my biology professor who I took zoology and anatomy and physiology with.

I didn't take the GRE.

Archived