I have a quick question about Optional "Academic Statement" essay. Did anyone write an essay or just a small paragraph about the grade changes in their transcript?

I had a few discrepancies in my academic record that, after meeting with Erin in person, I was encouraged to discuss in the academic record section. Some have little to no changes in their transcripts, and for those individuals--LUCKY! But for me, science wasn't my forte and it took a lot of tutoring and rebuilding of my studying habits before I found success with the pre-reqs and upper division courses. So think of it as a way and opportunity to explain anything in your transcript, such as lower grades or withdrawals. 

And to directly answer your question, I wrote about 550 words. But I imagine those who do not have discrepancies on their transcripts would either write just a small paragraph or leave that option blank. 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't really have anything to write about my academics In terms of poor grades. So, I addressed the changes in my career decision that made undergrad last too many years.

I also addressed the one W I have, even though it is a passing W.

I have a quick question about Optional "Academic Statement" essay. Did anyone write an essay or just a small paragraph about the grade changes in their transcript?

Tiffany

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I have applied to UW-Madison for 2015-2016 cycle. This is my first time applying here. What I understand that its a two day process and two interviews of about 15 minutes each. Does anyone know anything more than this about the interview process? Anyone applied to UW-Madison  and faced the interview before?  

Just a reminder to everyone, interview invites won't be sent until middle of December. They've been consistent with that for the past years (Dec 15 last year). Good luck to all!

Hi,

Do you mind sharing your interview experience from last year at UW-Madison?

I have applied to UW-Madison for 2015-2016 cycle. This is my first time applying here. What I understand that its a two day process and two interviews of about 15 minutes each. Does anyone know anything more than this about the interview process? Anyone applied to UW-Madison  and faced the interview before?  

On the website, it breaks down what the two day interview includes! For example, there will be a chance to meet and mingle with other candidates, current PA students, and faculty, there will be a luncheon, and a tour of facilities, a few speakers from the program, and the two day process will conclude with interviews. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah I just went through all the years and it looks like either Monday night or Tuesday night. I only applied for the distance education slot. Do you know the stats for that specifically by any chance?

I also applied to the DE. I've heard in the past about 40-50 apply.

Tiffany

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived