Clubs/ organizations

For those who have started their applications, is there a spot where you can list clubs or organizations you were a part of? I cannot really find a spot to put it in so i'm guessing schools don't really care about it anymore? (which would kind of suck) Any help would be appreciated!

Per the CASPA FAQ on extra-curricular activities:

A: There is no place on the application specifically for extra-curricular activities as the PA programs have not requested that this be documented on CASPA. Depending on the content of your activities, you may be able to list them in the employment, volunteer, or achievement sections if appropriate.

Key is probably 'if appropriate'. 'Member of' isn't going to carry much weight (some *might* even see it as distracting as in 'what does this have to do with you being a great PA someday?'), while a leadership role applicable to your growth and development as a future member of the profession would be viewed more relevant and favorably.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to clarify, there is no place to put in that you are a member of AAPA or a member of your state's PA association, except maybe in your personal statement?

Called CASPA as I had a similar question and could not locate my answer in the FAQ--

From what I gather, it can be listed as an 'achievement' or 'experience.' I will probably go with volunteer 'experience.' However, I am unsure how to document the amount of hours as I receive regular emails, journals, and am able to access the site for information when needed. Wishing there was still a 'professional memberships' section but I guess we will all have to make due :)

Archived