2015-2016 Applications

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I was verified mid June and haven't got an interview should I assume I'll be getting a rejection in the mail?

No, I don't think that you should assume that at all. Northwestern continues to review the applicant pool and invite those they deem most competitive for admission and they continue interviewing until they fill their class. At this very moment, approximately 15 of the 30 available seats are vacant and the last interview day will most likely be at the end of January 2016. Once they fill the class, they will create an unranked wait-list from all of those interviewed to fill seats as some accepted students will go elsewhere. Historically, if you aren't invited to interview, or interview and are not offered a place on the wait-list, you will receive notification in February 2016. 

If I was verified mid June and haven't got an interview should I assume I'll be getting a rejection in the mail?

Every applicant's situation is entirely different. Some verified late hear very early on and some who apply early hear very late. Don't sweat it. Every program looks at every applicant in their own way and it's different for every one of those programs. One program gave me 5 weeks notice and another gave me 10 days notice. It's silly to analyze other people's situations, even though we are all guilty of it to some degree on here. They are a very helpful staff and I'm sure if you called and asked, they would give you some insight into a timeline. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From what I have heard yes, but they are very fluid with their interviews meaning, if necessary they will hold more. It never hurts to shoot them an email, they are very friendly!

The website said that anyone who was not selected for an interview will know at the end of January...I'm still waiting to hear back too and it's VERY nerve wracking! I just want to know if I got an interview or not!

I sent an email and Kevin replied this morning. He said the following:

"We are still reviewing applications and conducting interviews. We will be interviewing through the end of the month and may go into January. I hope to let applicants know one way or the other by early January at the latest and hopefully before that."

Hope this helps, good luck everyone!

I sent an email and Kevin replied this morning. He said the following:

"We are still reviewing applications and conducting interviews. We will be interviewing through the end of the month and may go into January. I hope to let applicants know one way or the other by early January at the latest and hopefully before that."

Hope this helps, good luck everyone!

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back! 

• 2 weeks later...

We had an admitted student webinar on December 10th, 2015 and at that point, approximately 2/3 (~20 students) of the class was full. Kevin noted that they planned to interview through the end of January and hope to finalize the class and inform applicants if they have been rejected pre-interview, rejected post-interview or placed onto the unranked waiting list. I know the waiting game is not fun, but stay positive - at least through the month of January! Best of luck to you all.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe rejection letters go out once the cycle closes (end of January?), not during the cycle. I also am assuming these rejections are both for those interviewed and not interviewed, and waitlist will be notified at the same time.

I received a rejection email today. Oh, well... It was kind of expected. So, I think the cycle closes and the schools are making their final decisions. 

I received a rejection email today. Oh, well... It was kind of expected. So, I think the cycle closes and the schools are making their final decisions. 

Right there with you. I kind of knew it was coming but it still sucks. Its never fun to be rejected (especially from your dream school.) 

Archived