WVAPA has done nothing

I encourage all of my fellow WV Physician Assistants to boycott WVAPA and the AAPA.

They have done nothing to help advance WV PA prescriptive authority in WV.

In fact, they used a powerful PAID lobbyist to kill a House and Senate bill that would give PAs expanded prescriptive privileges, similar to 90% of other states.

Boycott them. Your money talks. Ask if they spend dues money to buy themselves a fancy lunch at board meeting time. Ask to see a financial report. See what you get.

They have had years to do something to help WV PAs, but have done nothing. Meanwhile, the NPs continue to advance in power and position. Your career is at stake.

Hi Mr. Janney. I agree and will not support them whatsoever. I look forward to stirring the crap when I am finished. I am actually thinking of organizing a true representation organization. I am uncertain of how to get the people together to do it. Any ideas???

Chad -- I need to get a computer guru to help with compiling an active emailing database of current WV Physician Assistants. We can communicate plans quickly and spread news effectively. It will help in organizing some "educational demonstrations" at the WV Legislature as well as helping to direct pressure on the AAPA and WVAPA. I think that is step 1. Maybe some other PAs have some great ideas. One thing is for sure: We have to orchestrate change. WVAPA isn't about to help the PAs in WV.

Compiling would require gaining access to a list of some type. I doubt there would be a way to just walk up to the WVBOM and WVOBOM and say hey give me a list of PAs. Especially given the letters you've gotten concerning the WVAPA and WVBOM. Compiling a list wouldn't be hard if you have dragon naturally speaking and a written list for outlook. Alternatively we could gain access to an electronic copy of some type and transcribe to outlook. Note that it will take forever to do this but this is about the only way I know to do such a thing. We could certainly start here with a message asking for PMs from all WV PAs and verbal communication/yahoo group message to MSU students. That gives a very small amount of contacts though. Most new grads will be more concerned with gaining employment rather than political action.

Compiling would require gaining access to a list of some type. I doubt there would be a way to just walk up to the WVBOM and WVOBOM and say hey give me a list of PAs. Especially given the letters you've gotten concerning the WVAPA and WVBOM. Compiling a list wouldn't be hard if you have dragon naturally speaking and a written list for outlook. Alternatively we could gain access to an electronic copy of some type and transcribe to outlook. Note that it will take forever to do this but this is about the only way I know to do such a thing. We could certainly start here with a message asking for PMs from all WV PAs and verbal communication/yahoo group message to MSU students. That gives a very small amount of contacts though. Most new grads will be more concerned with gaining employment rather than political action.

You could look up lists for providers on several insurance company databases and select the option for PAs, and that would could be a great start. You could probably get the majority of PAs' contact info in WV that way.

For example: Click http://provider.bcbs.com/searchform.php?tab=both&consumer_type=member & select PAs in "Other Specialties". May want to cross-reference with other insurance companies and eventually, you should have a solid, semi-comprehensive list to build on.

...just my .02

Actually, I am 99% certain we can get the PAs address information, etc from the BOM or their public site. At least their home street address are posted. US Postage to all the PAs would only be about $350.

WVBOM has always posted ONLINE sensitive information about physicians and PAs on their website.. including HOME addresses with reckless disrespect for the providers. It makes it really convenient for stalkers and criminals to find where we live. Anything like this takes a few dollars to launch..and some efforts. I think it will be worth it in the end.

Just as I suspect the WVAPA and AAPA watch this thread like a hawk. They hate the truth being told on them.

Archived