OPENING DAY!

The application is NOT YET live, please do not create an account until you see an official launch notification on social media. I will post here, on Reddit, Facebook, and PA Focus once it is live. Please check www.facebook.com/CASPAOnlineApp for the most up to date launch information. It should be ready this afternoon.

Thank you,

Danielle

This is the exact post from Facebook:

"Hello everyone: please note that we have not yet launched and we do not receive notice of the time until we get word from our software team that it is ready to go live. No one should be attempting to access the site or create an account until we announce that the application is live. Please do not do anything until the application is open, which we will tell you here as soon as it is ready. Thank you!!"

Even though you can see the new program it has not gone live so we're just waiting until we get the approval to create an account. I will copy and paste the updates on here for you guys that don't have social media.

Looks like this is the most recent Facebook post - talk about stiff competition this cycle!:

"Good afternoon everyone! We would like to thank you for your patience with our launch today. We are thrilled you are all so excited to apply this year! Earlier this afternoon, before we had the opportunity to announce today’s live launch, more of you accessed our system than ever before, and this extremely high level of traffic has created a server issue which we are working to resolve. For those of you who may have created an account during the brief periods in which the login page was available, we advise refraining from entering any data into the system until the server has been restored and we announce the site is ready for you to access it. Once the launch is announced, if you have difficulty accessing the account you have created, please contact our customer service team so that they may assist you. We will continue to post updates once we have more information."

"UPDATE! We have received word that the application will open tomorrow, Thursday April 23rd, at Noon (12PM) EST. However, please wait for an official announcement to be posted here before attempting to log in so that we can confirm that everything is good to go. CASPA, along with PAEA, has decided it is best for us to delay to tomorrow in order to ensure that both the server is running at full speed and that customer service is available to assist you, which they would not be if we were to go live this evening.

In addition, some good news! We can confirm that everyone who was able to create an account earlier today has an account in good standing and everything that has been entered has been saved. Once we announce launch tomorrow, anyone who received the confirmation email that their account was already created should be able to log in and continue their application without issue. This includes ID#s, letters of reference requests, transcript request forms you may have printed out, etc. If you do experience any issues with a previously created account, please contact customer service after launch.

Have a good evening everyone, and stay tuned for our launch announcement tomorrow!"

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

We sincerely apologize for the technical errors yesterday. We understand everyone's frustration as they prepare to apply to PA school. While technology is never a guarantee, the team anticipated unprecedented volume and adjusted for it, however, it simply was not enough and it overloaded our system within one minute of the initial launch, which caused the crash. 

The team has re-adjusted and is prepared for the launch today at 12pm ET. It is very important to note that because the volume of users will undoubtedly be very high, you will likely experience times where you cannot access the page or slow speeds. Please be patient because there is simply nothing we can do about those issues. If you are in no rush - and trust me, applying today vs. next week is going to make NO difference to any program - you could enjoy a relaxing weekend and start your application next week when the system will not be bogged down by so many users. 

Please DO NOT create an account today until you see the official launch notification here, or at www.pafocus.org, www.facebook.com/PAFocus, www.facebook.com/CASPAOnlineApp. I cannot stress the importance of this so please log into any one of these sites to check for the OFFICIAL LAUNCH ANNOUNCEMENT before you create an account. 

Happy (real) CASPA day and best of luck to all of you!

Danielle

I hope my earlier post was not taken to say that I am upset with CASPA.  I am a former business owner and quite a bit older than the average applicant.  What I was trying to say is that problems will happen.  It is how you address those problems that reveals your character.  

I tell my son when he makes a mistake, "as long as it never happens again, then it never happened!"

The 2015-2016 CASPA application is officially live. You may now access the home page at portal.caspaonline.org to create your new application account. 

Please note that we expect very high volumes of traffic for the next few days so you can expect reasonable delays in access and slower speeds. 

Customer service can be contacted at caspainfo@caspaonline.org or 617.612.2080. 

Archived