Emory Application Cycle 2015-2016

Hi everyone,

I will be applying to Emory this upcoming application cycle and have a quick question about the supplemental application-

I'm finding it difficult to not repeat a lot of what I wrote for my personal statement in my essay- especially when addressing "what activities and life choices have prepared you to become a PA."  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to better differentiate the supplemental essay from the statement of purpose? Is it recommended to draw from experiences not mentioned in the statement, even though they may be less significant, or is it better to emphasize points made in the statement?

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone,

I will be applying to Emory this upcoming application cycle and have a quick question about the supplemental application-

I'm finding it difficult to not repeat a lot of what I wrote for my personal statement in my essay- especially when addressing "what activities and life choices have prepared you to become a PA."  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to better differentiate the supplemental essay from the statement of purpose? Is it recommended to draw from experiences not mentioned in the statement, even though they may be less significant, or is it better to emphasize points made in the statement?

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

I would look at Emory's website for the PA program. Unlike many programs, Emory gives a lot of information on their program on their website. The difference between your CASPA essay and your personal statement for the supplemental application is that your supplemental application has to be specific to Emory. Why are you a good fit for Emory? How will Emory's program help you to become to the kind of PA you want to be? These are the types of questions you have to answer and answer specifically in your personal statement on the supplemental app. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone.  For any current PA's in the Atlanta area or recent graduates, have you heard of any places doing tuition reimbursement?  I know the VA and rural areas offer some loan forgiveness but wondering if any other companies are doing this? Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Just got a call to offer me a seat off the wait list!!! It was a hard decision, but I gave it up to attend another program that starts in a couple weeks. For those on the WL keep an eye out for that call! Emory is a wonderful program! 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

Archived