Emory Application Cycle 2015-2016

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats!!! I interviewed on 10/02 as well, everyone from our group really was very impressive. I was thrilled to receive an acceptance yesterday as well. I can't wait to join the Emory family, it seems like a fantastic place to be. See you in August!

Welcome to the Emory family!!

I am so excited to be able to write... I got accepted into Emory! :) For those who have interviews coming up, best of luck! It is so relaxed and a great interview experience.

CASPA verified: July 9

Emory confirmed receipt of application: July 13

Emory emailed that application was under review: July 14

Invitation to interview emailed: Aug 6

Interview date: Sept 11

Date notified accepted: Sept 15

Welcome to the Emory family!

Congratulations to everyone who has received an acceptance to the Emory Program.  I know I am very excited and my crazy mind is already working on all I need to arrange prior to August.

I went ahead and established a Class of 2018 Facebook page for us, here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/922809967773942/

Hope to start meeting you all there. 

• 1 month later...

A big congrats to everyone that got to interview yesterday, fascinating bunch of people i hope to see down the road!

My impression: Emory is a world-class institution without the attitude or elitism that often goes with that. If you get an interview here, they tell you honestly that you have what it takes to be a great PA. And they spend a lot of the day familiarizing you with the program so that you're sure you want them (and not just the other way around!).

Every PA student and faculty person will tell you the same pre-interview advice... be yourself, relax, and there's no way to fully prepare for it. And that's the absolute truth! (Also my own bit of advice, take the opportunity to stay with a student if you can - worth it!!)

Great interview process. Fun students and faculty. Make the most of it and best of luck to everyone out there!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got the email this morning for an interview on January 22nd also! I had almost lost hope. So excited!

Anyone interviewing that day want to meet the night before for an early dinner or coffee? Would be good to see a semi-familiar face on interview day, even if we don't end up in the same group.

FYI: submitted my application and received the application complete email on September 30th.

Just got the email this morning for an interview on January 22nd also! I had almost lost hope. So excited!

Anyone interviewing that day want to meet the night before for an early dinner or coffee? Would be good to see a semi-familiar face on interview day, even if we don't end up in the same group.

FYI: submitted my application and received the application complete email on September 30th.

I will be there on January 22nd as well! I would love to get together if I get into town on time!

Congratulations to those of you with interviews scheduled!  Just reminding you of the option to stay with current students, we love being able to give back and host interviewees (a good number of us too advantage of that last year), and are also willing to meet up for coffee/ dinner.   

Hi,

I just recently submitted my request to stay with a current student; do you happen to know if there is still availability? I hope it's not too late for my request, I will be interviewing 1/25.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I just recently submitted my request to stay with a current student; do you happen to know if there is still availability? I hope it's not too late for my request, I will be interviewing 1/25.

Hey, I'm interviewing in February. I'd like to stay with a student but I can't find the email address to send the request to. Where did you send the request? Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just browsing through this forum and this is the first time that I hear about the option to stay with a current student. What a great idea! What are some details of this option? How much is the fee? I assume it will be cheaper than staying at a local hotel. What a great help for poor applicants like myself. I wished more schools would offer this.

I have an interview with Emory in T-26 days, and I am very nervous! I haven't been doing too hot on my interviews so far and have been feeling discouraged lately. Without going into detail on what questions are asked, can anyone shed light on what type of questions they ask, i.e. more about scenarios in a clinical setting (which I can't prep for anyways), case studies/analyses (can't prep for these either), questions on character/ethics, questions on your own personal experience, etc.? If there is no way to prepare for it, then I would spend the remainder of my time researching the program more in-depth, re-acquainting myself on my resume again and relaxing. I would feel guilty just relaxing if there was something I can do to prepare.

I really appreciate any input. 

They want to find out who you are beyond the resume. Be open, honest, and let them get to know you. (This goes for any program) I promise it will be the most relaxed and comfortable interview you have experienced. They will ask some of the stereotypical questions and some of their own unique ones that you'll have fun with ;) As for student housing availability, we all enjoy having interviewees stay with us and show around campus/ATL! When you get your interview invite email, you should have contact information to email back and request if there is availability to stay with a current student. I wish you all the best of luck!

ps- there is no fee for this. If its not available, check out airbnb for some good rates...the area directly around Emory N/S/E/W is a good place. Traffic is notoriously terrible so plan for a lot of extra time if travelling during rush hour (6-9am, 4-6:30pm). Check out the CLIFF shuttle on Emory's website. It's run by Emory and is a free shuttle service to the immediate area and various locations further away from emory. Its a great way to get to campus (drops off at the med school) for free. They do not check IDs and the public is welcome to ride. MARTA is frustrating to use unless you're on a direct route to the campus; there is no train to school but there are buses. Uber exists and is reasonably priced. I have a vehicle but when I travel to the airport, I often take the MARTA train from the airport out towards campus, then uber from there. Train ride is $2.50 plus a one time $1 fee for the reloadable card. The red and the yellow/gold line go north and south and are the only ones that go to the airport. At Five Points (the main station), you can then take the green or blue line east to get closer to campus or take an uber to your hotel/student host's house. There is a holiday inn express near N decatur rd & clairmont rd intersection that is right on a couple of Emory free shuttle lines.

Archived