20 years... does it ever happen?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/25/2018 at 1:36 PM, ncsunavypac said:

I for sure wanted to deploy! Especially after I realized how boring clinic life is. I was just shocked at how quickly and how frequently  I got tasked. But definitely no complaints from me. I’ve loved being with the Marines. Working on my FMF qual while I’m out here. Very happy to have this opportunity. Lessons learned though- don’t believe everything the detailers/recruiters say, they’re just trying to fill spaces 

I’m fine with deployment but i’m Just going off of what i have heard, and the fact that i know  two different PA-C’s who I talk to daily who did the HPSP and did not deploy so that’s why its confusing you know?  I’m already an O-1 so can’t really go back but i’m Proud to be a future Navy PA. I guess my question is what exactly do you count as deployment?  Mostly because my recruiter was talking about ship assignments and like 6 month assignments somewhere in the Middle East, NOT those small tours. I disagree as well i don’t find FM medicine clinic boring at all which is why i initially did the HPSP because i knew I would do primary care for sure (i’m Super into preventative/the cognitive part of medicine). Also again, i wasn’t being deceived by my recruiter because this was all information given after I sold my soul, I had already signed the legally binding contract and sworn in so it wouldn’t make sense to deceive at that point. Just food for thought. 

Archived