Sign in to follow this  
aag

2011-2012 Application Cycle for class of 2014

Hey all, congrats to those that got accepted! I can just imagine how exciting it must be!! I am dying of anticipation as I interviewed 12/13 and its only been 2 days lol. For those that got accepted, did you mail them a hand written thank you card or send a thank you email after the interview or nothing at all?

When they send an acceptance letter, yet include a form to return with a deposit to reserve your seat in the program. Personally, I didn't send anything additional back aside from the letter. Later on I got an email confirmation they received my deposit.

hi can i ask for your stats and when you submitted the supplemental? thank you.....i'm still crossing my finger for an interview invite

Hey david89, I submitted my supplemental in the beginning of September and they sent me an email in November inviting me for an interview.

GPA 3.2

Science 3.1

over 4000 patient care hours as an EMT on an ambulance

90 hours of shadowing

300 hours of volunteer experience in 2 different hospitals

BS in biochemistry from UCR

hmmm...anything else I'm leaving out?

Hey david89, I submitted my supplemental in the beginning of September and they sent me an email in November inviting me for an interview.

GPA 3.2

Science 3.1

over 4000 patient care hours as an EMT on an ambulance

90 hours of shadowing

300 hours of volunteer experience in 2 different hospitals

BS in biochemistry from UCR

hmmm...anything else I'm leaving out?

thank you very much...btw, i'm currently attending UCR as well and will be graduating after winter quarter....=)

Hi guys! Congrats to all those accepted. My name is Lisi and I am from the class of 2014. I created a FB group (just search "Touro University California - MSPAS/MPH Class of 2015" so that you guys can get acquainted early. I know we didn't get started on FB til about March or so but you guys can get a leg up and get to know each other. Let me know if you have any questions and I will try to answer them to the best of my ability! :) Congrats again to all and to everyone waiting from Touro! :)

Hey all, congrats to those that got accepted! I can just imagine how exciting it must be!! I am dying of anticipation as I interviewed 12/13 and its only been 2 days lol. For those that got accepted, did you mail them a hand written thank you card or send a thank you email after the interview or nothing at all?

I had an interview on Tuesday.

I was planning to send a thank you card, but I was so busy (out of town), I came back on Friday.

The accepted letter came so fast, it came by snail mail on next Wednesday. So they faster than me, after I got an accepted letter, I didn't send anything to them...such a bad girl.

I think, it would be nice if you can send a thank you note/card to them.

I just got an interview invite a few days ago for an interview on Feb. 28. I was so shock and excited at the same time. I thought they were already done with all their interviews. Wow, it seems like they are very quick on sending acceptance letters so if I don't hear back in a week or two I should consider myself rejected? I interviewed at UC Davis and the rejection letter came 3 months after my interview date. I was super sad!:( Hopefully this time will be better. I'm nervous. I don't want to fail again. :(

I just got an interview invite a few days ago for an interview on Feb. 28. I was so shock and excited at the same time. I thought they were already done with all their interviews. Wow, it seems like they are very quick on sending acceptance letters so if I don't hear back in a week or two I should consider myself rejected? I interviewed at UC Davis and the rejection letter came 3 months after my interview date. I was super sad!:( Hopefully this time will be better. I'm nervous. I don't want to fail again. :(

Touro is really good with updating you regard your status. If you are accepted, they will call you within a week. Otherwise, you are waitlisted or rejected.

Does anyone know how many interview cycles Touro has left? I just emailed for an update on my status today and Melanie said my application is still under review. At this point I'm not very hopeful :(

Don't let it get you down, if you really want it you will keep on trying. Many people we interviewed in April in my class, so if you haven't heard from them by now it doesn't necessarily mean that you are ruled out.

Congrats Tinara! We're both interviewing the same day! :)

Still have to book the ticket!

Hehe yay Mike! I got the invite on the 9th and booked my ticket and hotel that same day. It took me two hours because I was comparing prices. I know I am such a geek.

Don't consider it a failure! Consider it more like "practice for success". Many programs acknowledge the competition and pressure mounting for acceptance into graduate programs, especially ones in the sciences as they are limited by laboratory accommodations. I think generally people respect a solid work ethic and the drive for success even after "failure".

There's a beautiful Chinese couplet which (roughly) translates, "The mountain of knowledge is lead by a path of diligence. The sea of learning is endless in a boat of perseverance." You'll find your way. :-)

I interviewed on the Feb 7th and received a letter today informing me that I'm on the waitlist... more waiting for me I guess lol.

Tinara and Mike,

When did you guys apply and turn in your supplemental if you guys don't mind :)?

Hey xkvu24,

Sorry for the late response! I just flew back in late last night. My supplemental application was mailed late October and I received an email stating my application was complete on November 8th. I was invited for an interview on December 1. But the next available date wasn't until Feb 28th, so I had to wait a while. Hope this helps!

Hey xkvu24,

Sorry for the late response! I just flew back in late last night. My supplemental application was mailed late October and I received an email stating my application was complete on November 8th. I was invited for an interview on December 1. But the next available date wasn't until Feb 28th, so I had to wait a while. Hope this helps!

Hey whoahitzmike,

Hope your interview went well! Did they mention anything during your interview about future interview dates or how many spots have already been filled for this year's class?

Thank you!