New York - Clarkson University

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey everyone! Congrats on starting Clarkson's PA program, I hope all is well!

I am a current applicant for January 2017, and was wondering if you guys could tell a little bit about the interview process. Clarkson is my top choice school, and I want to be sure I am prepared for the interview. I read that it is a 6 hour process which sounds a little intimidating, so I'm both nervous and excited. I would really appreciate any tips you guys could offer.

Thanks so much!

-Seema

Congrats on getting an interview, Seema! You are wise to make Clarkson your #1 choice - it's an awesome program! The interview really is an all day ordeal and you'll probably be exhausted by the end of it, but I wouldn't say it's a difficult interview. They want you get a good feel about our program and they want to get a feel for who you are. I'm not sure if they're doing the same thing this year, but when I interviewed, there were 5 separate interview sessions with different faculty members. Each one lasts about 10 minutes. They'll ask about your education background, your past medical experience and all kinds of questions about who you are. There's also a short essay you'll write. There isn't anything in particular I'd say you need to prepare for the big day, just be yourself!

Good luck!

Dave

Congrats on getting an interview, Seema! You are wise to make Clarkson your #1 choice - it's an awesome program! The interview really is an all day ordeal and you'll probably be exhausted by the end of it, but I wouldn't say it's a difficult interview. They want you get a good feel about our program and they want to get a feel for who you are. I'm not sure if they're doing the same thing this year, but when I interviewed, there were 5 separate interview sessions with different faculty members. Each one lasts about 10 minutes. They'll ask about your education background, your past medical experience and all kinds of questions about who you are. There's also a short essay you'll write. There isn't anything in particular I'd say you need to prepare for the big day, just be yourself!

Good luck!

Dave

Thank you so much Dave,

I was not sure if the interview would focus most on my past experiences or if they prefer asking health care field/ health care politics related questions, so that was very helpful! I am looking forward to hearing even more about the program once I get there.

Best,

Seema

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Dabba, I just got accepted today too! I made a Facebook page for the 2019 PA class so we can connect and post any questions we may have. Here is the link so you can join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1569276286725369/

Mnaz thank you, the interview was long but I enjoyed it! Everyone was very friendly which made the experience more laid back. 

dbarron it was great to meet you at the interview Dave! 

I will post my exact stats in the pre pa thread when I have exact numbers but 3.1x overall and science gpa with 5k hours plus of 911 EMT-B experience. Gre was 157 verbal 152 math 3 written.

I would say within the month for the supplemental, and I heard back today interviewing on Saturday

EDIT: http://www.physicianassistantforum.com/index.php?/topic/18-pa-applicant-stats-page/?p=279813

Stats in link

Archived