Interesting recruiting approach for New Program in Respiratory Care

Well, if you didn't get into PA school, and you're not hankering for med school, UTHSCSA has a new option for their rejected PA program applicants ...

==========

Dear Physician Assistant Studies Program Applicant,

As you know, we received many more very well qualified applications for our PA program than we could possibly accommodate. However, I do want to let you know about an excellent alternative health sciences career opportunity which you may wish to consider. The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio has just received authorization from the State of Texas to offer a new Master of Science degree program in Respiratory Care. As an excellent PA program applicant, this provides an alternative career opportunity to join the FIRST approved Master of Science in Respiratory Care (MSRC) program in Texas. Our program is one of only four MSRC first professional degree programs in the country and provides a great opportunity to be a leader in the Respiratory Care profession. Here are some of the reasons you may want to choose The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio to pursue a graduate degree in Respiratory Care:

• Our new MS in respiratory care is open to students with no prior healthcare experience.

• Application fee for the program is waived.

• The opportunity to join the first MSRC class to enter and graduate in Texas.

• Master’s degree graduates have many options including leadership positions in clinical practice, management, education, research or further graduate education.

• According to the AARC the average salary for respiratory therapists is over $62,000 per year (see: http://www.aarc.org/careers/what-is-an-rt/employment-financial-outlook/)

• Respiratory care is one of the fastest growing health professions in the country. The United States Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) has projected growth in the number needed for the period 2012-2022 at over 19%.

If interested in the program – please complete the one page application form in the attachment and send back to Henzi@uthscsa.edu

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

David L. Henzi, Ed. D.

Interim Associate Dean for Academic and Student Affairs

School of Health Professions

University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio

<snip>

Maybe that is their not so gentle hint that an applicant needs more HCE.

when I took my paramedic program final exam they also gave out a Mcdonalds application with the test. the instructor said "those of you who don't do well on your final can start filling this out right after you turn in the test"...it was a joke of course...

RT school was my fall back plan. I got into RT school around the same time as PA school. Once I got my PA school acceptance I called the director of the RT school and they weren't really upset. She said they had a very long wait list so someone would've easily filled my seat. I think it's a great option especially if one needs good REAL (lol) HCE.

Sent from my S5 Active...Like you care...

Wait, so this WASN'T an AFD joke?

Nope, no joke. Wasn't thinking about the date when I shared. :) hmmmm, though I did RECEIVE it on 4/1, too! But here's a link to their site. http://uthscsa.edu/shp/docs/August_2015_Entry_MSRC_Admission_Require_Checklist-%28Pending%20Approval%29_3.10.15.pdf

I applied there and was initially waitlisted for interview (in the meantime, I've accepted one of the other offers of attendance I received); I received this email yesterday.

• 1 month later...

Archived