CONNECTICUT: University of St. Joseph Developing

Saw this was a new program on caspa, was wondering if anyone has heard anything about it. I couldn't find any information from the university's website directly about the program. 

• Upvote 1

Care to elaborate? Moving back home for school is intriguing. 

Carrie helped establish the Bryant University PA program. I have good friend in his second year and is part of the first class of the program. He had nothing but awesome things to say about her and that the Bryant community definitely misses her. I was fortunate to meet her in person and she is a very nice down-to-earth individual.

I've worked with both the program director and clinical coordinator for years. Both are outstanding PA's as well as genuinely nice people; with their involvement I have no doubts that they will put together a great program.

To those who received any interview invite-

Can I ask how your stats were in terms of science and cumulative gpa, healthcare hours, and experience?

Thank you so much,

It was MMI style: 6 interviews (all 1:1), a group activity, an essay and a tour. Applicants will be split up into different groups and some will do the interviews first and some will tour first. They told us the response time was about 2 weeks to hear if you got in, wait-listed, or reject! 

It was MMI style: 6 interviews (all 1:1), a group activity, an essay and a tour. Applicants will be split up into different groups and some will do the interviews first and some will tour first. They told us the response time was about 2 weeks to hear if you got in, wait-listed, or reject! 

Thank you for sharing and good luck!

For the 7/18 group, there were ~20? I'm not exactly sure but around there. We were split into groups of 5. Some groups tour first, some interview first. The group activity is NOTHING crazy and if you can read/write you can do the essay lol. 

As far as stress-level goes, I don't know how you feel about MMI's because there is no way to prepare for them. It's on the spot thinking. To be honest, it was one of the hardest interviews so far, but most fun! My advice is to just be practical, like think/say what you would HONESTLY/actually do in the reality when answering questions, not what you think the Adcomm wants to hear or the "pristine" "goody two-shoes" answers. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By FuturePA20202021
      Thought I'd start a 2020-2021 pa forum for this cycle. I was verified on 5/14. Good Luck everyone!
    • By beatrix1998
      Hello everyone,
      I am very new to this forum and was told by my advisors and peer to check it out. I am currently a college senior and recently developed an interest in becoming a physician assistant. I am very scared to apply for PA programs in 2020-2021, I am not sure why but its just I think I am not qualified or ready enough to apply for the programs yet. 
      Undergrad Major: B.S. in Health Science 
      cGPA: 3.93
      Science GPA: ~3.6 (?) I have already finished basic prereqs requirements but some program requires organic chem/ biochem which I haven't completed yet.
      PCE: 2000+ (worked as a CNA/PCT in ER and nursing home)
      Volunteer: 700+ hours (community, health organizations, cultural, etc)
      Leadership: President of a college club
      Shadowing: None, I got accepted to shadow through the hospital shadowing opportunity but due to this pandemic, they are temporarily closing it. This is my biggest concern! Some programs doesn't require it but my state program highly recommends applicant to have shadowing experience.
      GRE: haven't taken one because everything is temporarily close right now. So, I am looking to apply for programs that doesn't require GRE. 
      Right now, I am planning on applying to programs that doesn't require GRE and shadowing experience and I can only find UC Davis PA Program to match my stats but since I don't have other schools lined up on my list, I am scared to apply for 2020-2021. 
      Can you guys think of any programs that matches my stats? Any help would be great. Thank you!

• By Tiffanyswan
      Hi! I wasn’t sure if I should apply this cycle to PA school so I wanted to get some opinions. My GPA is a 3.89. I have a biomedical science degree and chemistry minor. I have over 1000 hours as a phlebotomist at a plasma donation center where I get donors hooked up to machines and monitor them throughout the whole process, troubleshoot problems, and respond to patients that have reactions. I am also a medical screener there too where I take vitals, prick fingers, assess protein and hematocrit readings. I train new hires in both of these positions in addition to that. In college I was part of a sorority and had a position as Marshall where I served on the ceremonies team. I was also secretary of the Red Cross Club. I volunteered at the hospital for about a year in the emergency department. I also went to Costa Rica with a group of doctors where I took a course in emergency medicine and became certified as a Wilderness first responder. I also bartended my senior year. I planned to get shadowing but due to the COVID restrictions I will not be able to. I am planning on taking the GRE soon as well. Please let me know if I would be considered a weak or strong applicant. Is it worth it to apply or should I most likely wait until I can shadow/get more hours in?! Thank you!! 
    • By PAapplicant2021
      I wanted to start the PA 2020-2021 Application Cycle Topic, post here with updates! 
    • By Stressedanddepressed
      Hello everyone, I am currently in my second semester of my didactic year. I struggled so much my first semester and ended up having to remediate one class. I feel like I retained nothing from my first semester and can barely recall things. I get so anxious everyday over my future . I have no idea how to face my family if I do fail. Also it would really crush me because this is what I've been working towards for the past 3 years since I graduated high school.  Compared to my other classmates I feel like I know the least. Living in fear everyday is really getting to me emotionally and I don't know what to do.

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More