CONNECTICUT: University of St. Joseph Developing

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, SubiFTW said:

Same. Been a week and a half since the interview and we're suppose to hear back within two weeks. They're really taking their time lol

Haha yes they definitely are.... Hopefully we hear soon! I wonder when the next interview session is

2 hours ago, BB3451 said:

Haha yes they definitely are.... Hopefully we hear soon! I wonder when the next interview session is

the next interview two sessions are at the end of august if I remember correctly when they sent us our options. I have a feeling we wont hear anything until Monday next week. The suspense!

Hey guys. I'm going to be interviewing on September 11th. I'm very excited but also a little nervous about this point in time. Is it too late to be given a seat? Plus, I was told that this is a MMI format with a group exercise and writing sample. Are there any current students or past interviewees who have advice to share? This was the best date that I could pick because I will be out of town on the August dates and I really didn't want to take the last October date in case the class was already filled. How many total seats do they offer? 

Please share any advice and also any pros/cons about the program that enticed you. Thank you and good luck to everybody!

This years class will have 45 seats compared to 35 from last year. It's definitely beneficial to go to the earliest interview available as they do rolling admission. For the interview, it was an interview with the director, group activity, essay, and 6 MMI. I had a positive vibe of the program after talking to faculty member and current students. Although it's a brand new program it seems like they are headed in the right direction. As far as applying late, I spoke with a PA student there that said she applied super late and was offered and interview and ultimately a seat. There were also multiple PA students there that were waitlisted and eventually offered a seat as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, SubiFTW said:

This years class will have 45 seats compared to 35 from last year. It's definitely beneficial to go to the earliest interview available as they do rolling admission. For the interview, it was an interview with the director, group activity, essay, and 6 MMI. I had a positive vibe of the program after talking to faculty member and current students. Although it's a brand new program it seems like they are headed in the right direction. As far as applying late, I spoke with a PA student there that said she applied super late and was offered and interview and ultimately a seat. There were also multiple PA students there that were waitlisted and eventually offered a seat as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks this was calming. 

Hope I hear soon.

19 minutes ago, PAgrit said:

to those who got accepted, congratulations!! if u don't mind me asking what were your stats going into the application? I applied in second last week of july. i don't know if there are any interview spots remaining or not :/ 

When we were offered an interview they gave us multiple interview dates to choose from... I can't remember specifically, but I'm almost positive there are still interview slots open because it's still so early in the cycle so don't lose hope!!! As far as stats go... I think caspa calculated my science gpa as 3.47 and my cum gpa was 3.57. I had ~4,300 hrs as a medical assistant and scribe. Good luck!!

Caspa calculated my gpa for science to be 3.75 or 3.78 and cum.GPA of 3.55

I have about 2300 hours mostly as PT aide and 150 hours from the 2300 as a medical assistant at doctor's office. 

Has anyone who applied around my time heard anything back from them yet?

1 hour ago, PAgrit said:

to those who got accepted, congratulations!! if u don't mind me asking what were your stats going into the application? I applied in second last week of july. i don't know if there are any interview spots remaining or not :/ 

caspa science 3.92

caspa cum 3.96

Hours as a CNA: 1000

Shadowing PAs: ~40

Also I did volunteer for a few organizations (nutritional education and migrant farmer worker clinic etc.) 

Archived