Considering move to Ortho Spine

A bit about my background- 1 yr of Neurosurgery experience with a base salary of $115k + call pay and benefits. Relocated and took a job in Neurology with neuromuscular focus. Took a huge pay cut to $85k. Was told I would get production bonus after 3 months, but don't have enough patients to even qualify for the bonus. I have been with this practice for a little over 1 year. Upside to this job is location (I can walk to work) and hours. no more than 40 hrs per week and no call. I'm content, but quite frankly a little bored.

I got a call this weekend regarding an ortho spine position at a very highly respected practice in a large Texas city (where I currently live). Would be working with one SP. Haven't talked salary yet, but recruiter said there is a potential of $120k for someone with experience (which I have some experience).

Would like your thoughts...especially someone with ortho spine experience. Do you like it??? Appreciate any feedback.

Archived