2011-2012 Application Cycle

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

That was interesting. Had my interview today ( in meridian ) and did not get one ethical question. I was really expecting to get asked at least one of those. Plus two of the interviewers asked very similar questions.... Same thing to the other applicants interviewing that day. Anyway...currently " in review" so the waiting game begins...

Their interview process was great, I interviewed about 3 weeks ago and received a seat offer approximately two days later. I have since been accepted elsewhere so I declined the seat because of various reasons including how far I would have to move to attend there. Overall the experience with there staff was great, very relaxed interview experience.

Hi everyone! This message is for anyone who has recently gone through a phone interview with ISU. I have a phone interview this Thursday 2/16 and I am wondering how the phone interview is conducted? Are there still three 15 minute interviews? How long does the entire interview last? Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Hey all, so I had my phone interview yesterday. I think it went well...but who knows! I spoke with Ann after my interview and she said that there are currently over 100 candidates on the "In Review" list. She said they will be conducting their last interview next Friday and will probably have a list of candidates who made it to the waiting list by the following Monday. Good luck to everyone!

Their interview process was great, I interviewed about 3 weeks ago and received a seat offer approximately two days later. I have since been accepted elsewhere so I declined the seat because of various reasons including how far I would have to move to attend there. Overall the experience with there staff was great, very relaxed interview experience.

Those of you who have been admitted, could you please give a little info on your stats? Have you many science classes beyond the prerequisites, and what are they? Org chem, molecular biology, advanced class in anatomy, .... It would be v. helpful to know--I want to understand how I can strengthen my application for next year, if I don't get in this year. I've got feedback on my standing and it looks I will end up close but not close enough-- "wait listed". I meet all the prerequisites of course, GPA 4.0 for the prerequisites, overall GPA 3.6, science GPA about the same. HCE more than 3000 hrs with direct patient contact. 1200 GRE. Interviews seemed to go fine. I had v good letters of recommendation. Shadowed a PA 80 hrs. I'm thinking that maybe I need science classes beyond the prerequisites. Maybe more shadowing?

I was offered admission from ISU and MEDEX NW. I accepted the offer from ISU. I interviewed in the beginning of January. My stats are: 3.8 Pre-req GPA, 3.3 Cum GPA, 309 Revised GRE. ~8,000 hours paid health care exp. (army medic) 3 LOR's (1 professor, 1 Director of adoption agency I volunteered for, 1 Supervising MD I was deployed with.) I also speak Spanish. I am not from Idaho. No shadowing, trained and supervised by PA's in the service.

Archived