Waitlisted 2016 Admission

Hello Everyone, 

My interview date was March 19th and I received a mail today saying that I got put on the waitlist.  I'm so confused on what I should, this is my top choice.  Does anyone have any information for those who got waitlisted to the program and how many students were pulled from the list?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

So, I'm basically the master of the waitlist. I interviewed here in June and was waitlisted (the class was already 90% full when I interviewed...), and was later waitlisted at one of my other schools. I called with about 1.5 months until classes started to get my status from Courtney, and she said that I probably wouldn't get in since most people don't drop the program that close to starting. And then she called me one month before classes started and said I got in. I believe two other people got off the waitlist at the same time, then another person got the call one week before classes started. So have faith, you may still get in! I think that calling was one of the factors that bumped me to the top of the waitlist. I told them that if they offered a spot I would definitely want to take it, and Courtney made note of that. They want to make sure that they're giving a spot to someone who is passionate about the program! Just be ready to act at a moment's notice. Altering your life to move so quickly isn't easy, but it's worth it! Just be aware that they can call you up until orientation day to accept you.

And then, naturally, I got off the waitlist at my top school the day after I moved all the way up here. But hey, that's life!

So stay positive! If you made it onto the waitlist that's something to be SUPER proud of, that means they think you can do it! They are rejecting 17-20 people per person they allow in, so you've made the harshest of cuts!

• 2 weeks later...

Africa1810 Thank you so much for responding back to this post! While you were waiting, did you send the school regular updates at all?

The only thing that I did was calling in around November and saying that I was still interested in attending if a spot opened up. Unless they noted a glaring discrepancy on your application, I wouldn't worry about keeping the school super up to date. They just need to know if you're still interested! (or not interested, if you get in somewhere else then they can offer your potential spot to someone else sooner!)

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing that I did was calling in around November and saying that I was still interested in attending if a spot opened up. Unless they noted a glaring discrepancy on your application, I wouldn't worry about keeping the school super up to date. They just need to know if you're still interested! (or not interested, if you get in somewhere else then they can offer your potential spot to someone else sooner!)

During that waiting process did you send in another application to their program for the following year? 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived