Lock Haven

• 3 years later...

I stated a thread on then too. Hoping to get into one their satellite sites. Nervous that my education will be "sub par" since awe are doing clinical practice during our lecture courses. I would LOVE. Also, do you get an elective rotation? I would lover

to Hello everyone,

Just curious to see if anyone has attended or researched Lockhaven's satellite program. They have 4 satellite programs. I'm particularly interested in the one in Harrisburg, which is fairly new. I'm concerned about the "streaming" class approach. I asked one of the counselors at LU and he said PANCE pass rates were about the same ( from main campus vs. satellite). If anyone has any experience with this, PLEASE share!!!

Thank you!!!

I stated a thread on then too. Hoping to get into one their satellite sites. Nervous that my education will be "sub par" since awe are doing clinical practice during our lecture courses. I would LOVE. Also, do you get an elective rotation? I would lover

to Hello everyone,

Just curious to see if anyone has attended or researched Lockhaven's satellite program. They have 4 satellite programs. I'm particularly interested in the one in Harrisburg, which is fairly new. I'm concerned about the "streaming" class approach. I asked one of the counselors at LU and he said PANCE pass rates were about the same ( from main campus vs. satellite). If anyone has any experience with this, PLEASE share!!!

Thank you!!!

to Hello everyone,

Thank you!!!

• 1 month later...

Dumble-

I sent my CASPA app in June (mid-late June). They had it mailed within 2.5 weeks and about a week or so later I received confirmation that my apps had made it to my respective programs. I was told I probably wouldn't hear anything until Aug/ Sept. tick- tock.....

• 2 months later...

Hey JLaur122! I actually went to Lock Haven for my undergrad and their PA program is great along with all of the professors. I was pre-PA so I did get to know many of them. I was at the main campus but I did have a few classes that included the satellite programs and it is pretty cool. Everything was live and each student had a microphone at their desk so when then were speaking the class in the other location could hear them. However I do not know if this is how they do the PA classes as well.

• 5 months later...

At lockhaven do they have many non-traditional students? I'm 36! What can I say, i'm a late bloomer. Do they treat older students differently? Or are they accepting so long as you can keep up? I still have 4 prerequisite courses to complete, so not near applying yet. As well, do any of you know if they have a cadaver lab at the satellite locations?

Also what are the hours like for classes in Harrisburg? I know I have a ton of questions, but I REALLY appreciate any information.

Kind Regards,

Dreamingofpa :)

I am 38 and about to start my clinical year...they treat you the same as any other student. You might have a unique skillset that will set you apart when you interview because you are older. There are cadavers at all of the campus locations. Hours differ from day to day, but almost always 8 am to 4-5 pm with an hour lunch break. There are also things you will do on the weekends and at night sometimes. Usually will be in class 8-4/4:30 then study for 3-4 hour at night...day after day after day after day

I wish i could say I had the same experience as "non-traditional" student during my interview. I have to honestly say I felt rather discriminated against in more ways than one. I have had several interviews at various PA schools in the past few months and Lockhaven was the ONLY one who pointed out my "non-traditional" status (throughout the entire interview). The interviewer went as far as to make comparisons on how the "aged brain" functions in comparison to a "younger brain". Mind you, I am 32 and usually mistaken for a traditional student (without looking at the dates on my transcripts). I felt like I was invited to the interview just to be a punching bag. Needless to say, it was quite disheartening.

Perhaps they were trying to ruffle my feathers or something of that nature ; but never, ever have I left an interview (school or career oriented) feeling as small as I did that day.

I am sure it is different once you are admitted to the program, as every schools goal is to produce successful students. I was actually very excited about the program prior to the interview. Unfortunately, I left with a very sour taste in my mouth. I was not accepted, and honestly not all disappointed or surprised. If I am not accepted to any of the programs to which I applied, I will definitely NOT be reapplying to Lockhaven.

Best of luck to all. Despite my negative experience, I am sure it is a good program and a good fit for many students.

Archived