Application for 2016

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Would anyone happen to know if there may still be interview letters to be sent out?

I applied to MUSC very very early, and I have really great stats. I am out of state though... don't know if that will influence my chances?

I have not heard anything back from the school, and it's starting to worry me.... This is one of my top choices.

I contacted the school to see if perhaps they lost something of mine, but I haven't recevied a response....

Many of us are in that boat.  My application was complete in late August and the first round of emails went out October 16th from what everyone is stating.  Some who did get invites stated that not all of the 128 interview dates had been filled for the first round and that there was the potential for more invites if the 30 out of state and 30 in state seats are not filled by this initial round.  Since they have committed to take an equal number from in state and out of state you are only competing against the other out of state applicants for a seat.  The first set of interviews are this week and next.

Thank you for your response- It's comforting to know I'm not alone in this boat.... I guess I'm just wondering when they plan to notify applicants? The only dates they said they would ever allow for interview are November 3,4,10, and 11 of this year.

My hunch was that the in-state applicants would be offered an interview first, but it doesn't make sense that it would take them this long to respond.

I emailed the contact provided by the school about it just to see what is going on, but I've never had to do that before and frankly don't like to because I feel a bit nosy.

Thanks again for the response and help.

Actually they have said from the beginning that they were taking 30 in state and 30 out of state so unlike some programs where they try to fill most of their seats with in-state students first....so in this particular case your shot of getting an interview is just as likely as an in-state student....I am assuming that if they don't get commitments from this batch to fill all the seats then they will do another round...

Hi everyone! I applied for 2016 just like the rest of you :) I have no yet heard anything from MUSC about an interview or further admissions information.. From my understanding, there has already been interview invitations sent.. Can someone explain the 'first round' and what MUSC is supposed to do as far as the interview timeline and how many they will conduct? Thank you to anyone providing information!! And good luck to everyone. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on the interview sign-up, they are interviewing 126 applicants.

Hi, you seem to be well informed! Congrats on getting an interview. Do you know if the email sent out on 10/16 is the only interview invitations MUSC will be sending? I applied and was not emailed.. Just wondering if there is still hope. :)

Hi everyone! I applied for 2016 just like the rest of you :) I have no yet heard anything from MUSC about an interview or further admissions information.. From my understanding, there has already been interview invitations sent.. Can someone explain the 'first round' and what MUSC is supposed to do as far as the interview timeline and how many they will conduct? Thank you to anyone providing information!! And good luck to everyone. :)

There is four dates that they are conducting interviews. They are accepting 60, apparently half in state and half out of state. These will be the only interviews, from what their website states.

I am. The current students help out on interview day with Q & As, tours, etc. Try not to be nervous! And do not be too worried if you do not get an invite email. There were several classmates who got last-minute calls when interview slots opened up- and they were accepted into the program!

Hello! Thank you for the encouragement. If we did not receive emails, will an interview invitation be pending another applicant's cancellation? Thank you!!

Just looked through the forum from the last application cycle, and it looks like they did notify some applicants around this time last year that they were placed on a wait list for an interview spot, and several were offered interviews at the last minute. Has anyone received any emails like this?

Also, last year's forum mentioned that the average GPA for students who were interviewed last year was 3.9. Sounds like they must have had a lot of 4.0's in order to result in such a high average. Not exactly encouraging for those of us who are on the lower end of the GPA spectrum, but keeping my fingers crossed just in case! 

Just looked through the forum from the last application cycle, and it looks like they did notify some applicants around this time last year that they were placed on a wait list for an interview spot, and several were offered interviews at the last minute. Has anyone received any emails like this?

Also, last year's forum mentioned that the average GPA for students who were interviewed last year was 3.9. Sounds like they must have had a lot of 4.0's in order to result in such a high average. Not exactly encouraging for those of us who are on the lower end of the GPA spectrum, but keeping my fingers crossed just in case! 

Looks like I might as well write this one off since I have a 3.05.  Bah

I don't think they will notify applicants today. Interviews just ended yesterday and they told us at my session that they look at all sessions collectively. They said that the acceptances will be sent out around the first week of December, at the latest. Last year they found out the day before thanksgiving.

Just got the NO THANK YOU email....Received an email from MUSC about 15 minutes ago stating I was not selected for this round so I assume they are notifying the majority of applicants today and just keeping a small pool in case they don't fill all their spots.

I am sorry to hear that. When did you interview?  Plus, the average GPA for this school is crazy high for some reason. Not sure of my chances here.

Archived