Application for 2016

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can anyone that got an interview put up your stats....  GRE, GPA, Experience......   I did not get an email as of yet (not really expecting one at this point) and can't really figure out why???  4.0 GPA 2 degrees / 500 ++ Exp not even including volunteer work /  in-state / 315 GRE ?

I got an interview and I basically match your stats exactly except I'm out of state, just have one degree, and have a lot of research experience... I was told they care the most about GPA. Is it a possibility your application wasn't complete? If not I would try to call them and see if you could talk to anyone.

Does anyone know if they give their preference to in state applicants when selecting who receives an interview or when deciding who will be accepted after interviewing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard they were going to select 30 in state and 30 out of state during an information session - my application was complete...Crazy part is I got accepted to several Medical schools (both DO and MD) but chose to go PA because of the length of program and wanted to stay in South Carolina....I guess that's not going to happen...

Dang! I would definitely try to call them and see if you could talk to someone. I have heard of other schools losing people's applications.

In the information session did they say if they invite about an equal number of in state and out of state people for the interview also?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

can anyone that got an interview put up your stats....  GRE, GPA, Experience......   I did not get an email as of yet (not really expecting one at this point) and can't really figure out why???  4.0 GPA 2 degrees / 500 ++ Exp not even including volunteer work /  in-state / 315 GRE ?

Last time I checked the interview sign up page on Friday morning some of the spots had not been filled. The deadline to respond was Friday at 4 p.m. I believe they will extend an interview invitation to others until they have confirmation for all of the interview spots based on what they said in the invitation email. 

Unfortunately that's the reality of admissions at this point.  With each school well under a 10% admission rate it is kinda foolish to bank on somewhere close to home if you want to "go now".  If not you may have to be patient or more flexible.  I know I was trying to go to my local school, but it didn't happen and I'll end up at a better school in the end anyways...

This illustrates the current problem with shortages in the medical field.  The shortage is in seats at Med, PA, and NP schools.  It certainly is not a shortage of qualified applicants.  You literally could get rid of all shortages in all fields in 1 four year cycle if you eliminated the bottlenecks in getting accepted and in residency positions and probably would still have qualified candidates left out....  

Archived