Any info on Florida Ortho PA's?

Hello everybody- hope all is well. I'm looking for any INFO any of you may have on being a PA down in FL. I read the FL state assoc website already. It looks like a stricter state regarding PA's . Any thoughts?

My background: PA x 5 years-- I've been working as a full-time Ortho trauma surg PA the past 2 years here in Maryland.  I also work part time urgent care.

Anyway, family reasons have me headed to FL likely later this year. Doing licensing stuff now. Any help/wisdom would be GREAT!! Thanks in advance.

~jrw

Well as of right now schedule drugs cannot be written for by PAs and NPs. Tthere is a bill going through the state senate that may change that, but it is still in committee. It may also help to know where you're moving. Florida is a huge state and the south (Miami-ft. Lauderdale-West Palm Beach) is a lot different that the more rural areas in north central Florida and the panhandle.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived