I am the Object of My Pimp's Affection

As we learned it, clindamycin, cephalosporins, and broad-spectrum pencillins. The following is a quote from emedicine.com's topic, "Pseudomembanous Colitis" . Please excuse me if the question was worded kinda funky :o

"Commonly implicated antibiotics include clindamycin, ampicillin and other penicillins, and third-generation cephalosporins; however, some reports implicate nearly all antibiotics, including fluoroquinolones and some antineoplastic agents that have antibacterial activity."

epiglotitis (A true emergency!), coma, absence of ability to maintain a patent airway, severe airway edema,

maybe severe obstruction

How did i do?

EPIGLOTITIS CAN ACTUALY BE AN INDICATION FOR CRICH DEPENDING ON THE CIRCUMSTANCES.......YOU DON'T WANT TO MESS WITH AN ALMOST COMPLETELY OBSTRUCTED AIRWAY IF YOU CAN AVOID IT. BETTER TO GO DOWNSTREAM.....

Here's one that may be a little too easy for the crowd that hangs around this board :p

I'm posting it since it's just about the season for this:

Clues:

herald patch

christmas tree pattern

cigaretter paper appearance of lesions

general exanthem typically 1-2wks after herald patch

What is the disease, what seasons does it appear typically, treatment, typical course of the disease

Ready, set, go................... :)

Here's one that may be a little too easy for the crowd that hangs around this board :p

Clues:

herald patch

christmas tree pattern

What is the disease, what seasons does it appear typically, treatment, typical course of the disease

Pityriasis rosea

I don't know about the season, but I'm assuming winter...It is thought to be associated with viruses, but it is not know which one (according to my research) Can also be associated with drug rxns

Treatment is for pruritis...includes topical steroids, oral antihistamines, or oatmeal baths, UV-B light can also be used

Rash usually resolves by 6 wks

II know, I'm spending way too much time on this website!! ha ha

pahopeful

Clues:

herald patch

christmas tree pattern

Pityriasis rosea

Spring & fall

self-limiting... sunlight helps, steroids & antihistamines don't (have conflicting info on that last part)

lasts 6-8 weeks

Not pimping, but studying and need help.

How are primary sclerosising cholangitis and primary biliary cirrhosis different? All that is jumping out at me is the IBD connection.

Both progressive diseases of cholestasis.

Both are autoimmune-related.

Both can be asx, or can cause fatigue, jaundice, pruritis, RUQ pain.

Both associated with elevated alk phos. (AMA w/PBC)

Ursodiol and/or transplant for both.

:confused:

don't know if i'm allowed to answer angel... :)

but, the differences i found were:

PBC has anti-mitochondrial Ab, PSC doesn't

PSC has "onion-skin" fibrosis, PBC doesn't

PSC associated w/ cholangiosarcoma, PBC isn't

happy studying!

'course you can! {i know what you mean, though; that's why I haven't answered the thyroid question... }

I did some reading on emedicine and in Currents... PSC usually involves the larger ducts. PBC is usually the smaller-to-medium ducts... this is probably why she has ERCP as diagnostic in PSC but not listed under PBC.

Thanks, friend! :)

1) Huntington's chorea

2) Chronic progressive hereditary chorea

chorea: irrregular, spasmodic, involuntary movements of the limbs or facial muscles, often accompanied by hypotonia. location of responsible cerebral lesion is unknown.--stedman's medical dictionary :)

is the second disorder right?

Mon

Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate (ESR)

it's measuring the rate at which red blood cells settle into anticoagulated blood...it's usually increased in inflammatory states or if someone has anemia. It increases due to the presence of fibrinogen.

Normal limits:

M < 15, F< 20 mm/hr

hope that 's right.....don't know an eponym though, I'm sure someone will post one though, I'm interested to see the answer!

thanks for the question! :)