Advice on BS/MHS PA Program: Drexel vs. Hofstra

Hi. I'm a high school senior and I was recently accepted into Hofstra University and Drexel University  for the BS/MHS 5 year PA program, which is truly a dream come true!! However I'm having trouble deciding between the two programs.  I loved Drexel more because of its urban location, but the program seems more cutthroat.For both the programs, I have to maintain a 3.3 GPA and they both have similar & great PANCE pass results. Hofstra is much cheaper but I think Drexel has a greater reputation when it comes to getting a job??

Could any past alums or current students please give me any advice/comments/opinions/pros&cons on these schools because I have to commit before all seats in the program are taken!

Also are there any other factors I should be considering when deciding which program to commit to??

Thank you much!!!!

I'm  Drexel alum and had a great experience there. the program has been around since 1971 and they have all the kinks worked out. I don't know anything about hofstra...

I had great rotations at  Drexel and was able to build a focus in emergency medicine with specialty rotations in em, trauma surgery, peds em, community em elective, inpt lockdown psych, etc.

Archived