Taking entire course again for just 1 lab credit?

Hi,

In undergrad I did not take the optional corequisite Human Anatomy and Physiology II lab with my course (wanted to pursue something else then and it was optional). I was hoping to enroll in just a separate 1 credit lab course during the summer but most schools near me offer the lab only during the fall or spring. I am hesitant to enroll during the fall or spring because of the prohibitive cost, since it seems like you must take a minimum of 5 credit hours to enroll for many schools. My last option is to just take the course with the lab at my local community college, which is more affordable. However, this means that I would have to take the course over again. Any ideas on what I should do here?

If anybody knows about separate HAPII lab courses offered during the summer, please let me know. I live in NC so preferably in state. Thanks. 

I'm having this exact same issue with microbiology. I'm wishing I just took the lab anyway! Though I guess it's too late to dwell on the past. I think I may just take it at the community college because it is so much cheaper, though I know it may not be at the same level as my original university level microbiology lecture. I feel your pain!

To tell you the truth, an extra run through the anatomy class while you take the lab isn't such a bad idea. Anatomy involves the most memorization and is one of the first classes you'll take in PA school. And taking it in community college was not an impediment for me.

Good luck!

To tell you the truth, an extra run through the anatomy class while you take the lab isn't such a bad idea. Anatomy involves the most memorization and is one of the first classes you'll take in PA school. And taking it in community college was not an impediment for me.

Good luck!

I agree with this. I'm contemplating about retaking an A&P lab over the summer before starting PA school (just to refresh memory) and I figured that lecture would be a good supplement to have with it as well.

Some schools require A&P 1 and 2 to be taken at the same school, just be aware of that if you are considering taking it at a different school. I am taking both again (mine are too old) and I am doing online with at-home labs (I got approval from the schools I want to apply to that they would count) but I started this semester and am taking part 2 in the summer.

Tiffany

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived