Financing PA School

Hi everyone!

I am curious how physician assistant students fund their schooling. I am currently applying for PA school next year at South College next year and am not sure how I'm going to pay for it. I plan on taking out a lot of loans, but you are only allowed around $40,000 in loans per year, which is what the program costs. Since I am unable to have a job during the program and I'm not receiving any outside funding from family, spouse, etc. I am concerned about how I will pay for housing and food. Can anyone who is/was in a similar situation tell me how they pay/paid for housing and food during PA school? Can you take out extra loans for these things?

Thanks for your help!

Kaitlyn

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone!

I am curious how physician assistant students fund their schooling. I am currently applying for PA school next year at South College next year and am not sure how I'm going to pay for it. I plan on taking out a lot of loans, but you are only allowed around $40,000 in loans per year, which is what the program costs. Since I am unable to have a job during the program and I'm not receiving any outside funding from family, spouse, etc. I am concerned about how I will pay for housing and food. Can anyone who is/was in a similar situation tell me how they pay/paid for housing and food during PA school? Can you take out extra loans for these things?

Thanks for your help!

Kaitlyn

You also get Grad PLUS loans which I believe are credit based but they should cover the rest of tuition/living expenses/ect.

• 9 months later...

Archived