Question about a PA Directory website....

Hello Everybody, I am new to the forum..... and I just had a quick question. A couple of yers ago when I first became interested in a PA profession, I stumbled across a website that listed all PA programs with all their requirments, deadlines, etc. There was a fee to use all of the resources of the website. On the front page of the website there was a map of the U.S., I think..... Does anyone know if this site is still around? And if yes, could you share a link to it, please? I tried googling it, but nothing came out.....

It's a GREAT source of information about established, new, and pending accreditation programs!  But be aware that programs self-report their information, usually annually; therefore it's not always 100% accurate and up-to-date, and it's impossible for it to be when a program is going through changes.  Once you're getting down to brass tacks and explicit details, always check the information from the program directly (via the program website or direct inquiry).  

I think there will be plenty of jobs for all the PAs and NPs who graduate in the near future, especially in rural and primary care, which the physician community is essentially abandoning with few exceptions. As we enter an era of increased requirements for efficiency in medicine, PAs and NPs just make the most sense for 90% of medical care outside the O.R.

Archived