• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool! I lived in Atlanta for most of my life. It's a great city. I miss having every one of my favorite sports teams within an hour. I can't say that I miss the traffic or the heat though. I moved to Lexington last year and am really liking it. It's a great town, too.

How old are you guys by the way? What kind of backgrounds do you have? I'm 24, graduated from UGA (BS in psychology) a couple of years ago. Got my EMT just for PA school and have been doing the EMT thing in Lexington for a little over a year now. Married, but no kids... Just a dog :-) Uk is the only school I've applied to. What about you guys?

i just graduated from UT with a bs in exercise science and basically a minor in chem/bio (missing one class from each but my advisor said not to stay an extra semester just for a minor). UK is my number one choice but ive applied to 5 schools ranging from jan-june start dates. ive been working as a CNA since december to log some hours and get some spending money.

I'm about in the same boat as AKDEM.... I'm 24, married, no kids. BA in Psych from Ohio University. I almost have a BS in Biology if I wanted to stay another year at Shawnee State. I've taken a couple of upper level Bios.... Neuropharmacology... Neuroanatomy.... Cadaver. I have worked for a residential rehab program for Brain Injuries for 5 years now... 2 of which being direct hands on with patients in the Nursing department. I pass meds, consult with the pharmacy, take the patients to doctors appointments, etc. I did 40 hours of shadowing back in April. I will probably do a couple more as soon as I hear back from UK :/

UK is my first choice. I love the Lexington area.... it is farther south (I hate the cold.... granted it is still going to be cold in the winter).... only 2 hours away from home. About 2 hours from at least 3 cities I can think of. D1 sports is a plus. It has a great reputation already for the Med an Pharm programs. Can't think of a reason why the PA program would be any different.

I need to go ahead and start applying to other schools. Probably apply to Marietta and Kettering... maybe UAB. What other schools are you guys applying to?

I've heard that they are kind of unorganized, but other than that they have everything that I want in a program. The curriculum seems to be very anatomy/physio based, Thefew professors that I have met or have heard about are good and listen to what the students have to say. So, hopefully I am a good fit for the program too.

I went to the campus and met some teachers and a student actually gave me a tour. They have awesome cadaver labs and are directly connected to the kentucky clinic so its pretty sweet. They're definately my top choice as well, for the fact that I loved the school and they start in January when all the other ones I applied to aren't until may/june. But I agree, hopefully by the beginning of next week we'll know something.

Archived