• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am considering applying, but don't think i will get in. My GPA is lower that the average, as I majored in something difficult (chemistry). I feel like I am in perpetual punishment for not taking the path of least resistance, and majoring in something easy, like health sciences/nutrition/exercise science. I can't compete with their 4.0 GPAs. I interviewed in Hazard for the DPT, but didn't get in. I figure if I can get into the DPT next year, when I get ready to do PA, it will help alot. Does anyone know if UK PA replaces grades? I have and am retaking pre-reqs (As in both organics!), and i am not opposed to going to the Morehead campus, if that's what it takes. Good luck everyone! P.S. I got an interview for the DPT, but did not get an interview for a CC PTA program. Go figure.

kellbeth, I don't really know about whether or not they replace grades. I know that CASPA calculates BOTH grades into your GPA. I would assume UK just uses what CASPA gives them.... so that might mean they do not replace grades. I'm not sure though. You should go to the open house on the 15th and ask them that!

Are you planning on getting a DPT (as in doctor of physical therapy?) and then doing PA?

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't heard anything specific about favoring KY residents. Aside from a major tuition discount... They probably do like to keep most of their grads in state, and choosing KY residents is a good way to do that. It's definitely not like some schools where it is nearly impossible for out of state students to get accepted. I know of at least 2 people from other states that are in the program now... for that that's worth...

• 1 month later...

When I talked to Linda Allen a few weeks ago she made it seem as though the interview invites would be sent out around the middle of July. It sounded like they were trying to get them done before that, but realistically it will be more like mid-month. Can't wait either! I'll update as soon as I hear anything!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if they still plan to hold interviews the 2nd week in August? It seems like they are cutting it close for those who have to book flights, it gets extremely pricey when your booking within a few weeks...

No word yet and my application status still says routed! Getting excited!!

i called them at the end of june to make sure they recieved my supplemental app, money, transcripts and everything (im out of state so ive got extra papers to write and such) and they did tell me that my stuff was in and that i should be good to go. i havent heard anything from then since though so.. super antsy

Getting antsy here too... I emailed yesterday and haven't heard back. Maybe they all locked themselves in a room with the stack of applications and wont't come out until they have it narrowed down. Kind of like choosing a new pope...

Lol...

Well I emailed Linda Allen yesterday asking when she thought invites would go out. Her exact words were they'll be sent out "in a couple of weeks." So it sounds like we have quite a bit more waiting to do... It's gonna be a long 2 weeks.

Archived