NEW YORK: Marist College Developing Program

Everyone is replying with interview dates from Marist PA. Did you all apply through CASPA or directly to the program. Marist did not appear on the list of programs in NYS during this 2015-16 cycle.  Can anyone who received an interview clarify?

Well, Marist did not invite applications from this cycle, and thus, they were not listed on CASPA. They were, I believe, waiting for NYSED to approve their program even though it was cleared by ARC-PA before that. I applied during the 2014-15 cycle and on October 30 last year received an email asking if I wanted my application from last year to be reviewed. This is based on my own experience. They posted an announcement on their FB page on October 29, 2015. Check it out if you may.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey! Were you part of the morning session? I haven't received any news so far.. How about you?

Yes I was in the morning interview, you? And no, I haven't heard anything.

I was able to go the afternoon without worrying about it cause I figure they weren't going to call anyone until after 5 at least, but as much as I've tried to suppress it, the last couple hours I've been in 'refresh this page every 5-10 minutes' mode waiting for someone to post they got accepted.

Yes I was in the morning interview, you? And no, I haven't heard anything.

I was able to go the afternoon without worrying about it cause I figure they weren't going to call anyone until after 5 at least, but as much as I've tried to suppress it, the last couple hours I've been in 'refresh this page every 5-10 minutes' mode waiting for someone to post they got accepted.

Yes, I was also part of the morning session. I feel you... I was still feeling nervous for hours after the interview. When 5 o'clock rolled around, I made sure to have my phone ringer on loud and near me. I'm thinking that it will take them some more time for decisions since they had two sessions today.

I think our group had pretty passionate and sincere people; hopefully they saw that ! :)

Yes, I was also part of the morning session. I feel you... I was still feeling nervous for hours after the interview. When 5 o'clock rolled around, I made sure to have my phone ringer on loud and near me. I'm thinking that it will take them some more time for decisions since they had two sessions today.

I think our group had pretty passionate and sincere people; hopefully they saw that ! :)

Where were you sitting? I was front row, second from right.

Yeah I'm trying to tell myself it's unlikely they would start calling people today, or even tomorrow because they also has the afternoon group, but it's definitely tough not to worry about.

The small interview size was pretty cool, even though I know we are actually competing against each other, going throw go a stressful experience with small group of people gives you a sense of comradely. I'm rooting for everyone to get in.

Where were you sitting? I was front row, second from right.

Yeah I'm trying to tell myself it's unlikely they would start calling people today, or even tomorrow because they also has the afternoon group, but it's definitely tough not to worry about.

The small interview size was pretty cool, even though I know we are actually competing against each other, going throw go a stressful experience with small group of people gives you a sense of comradely. I'm rooting for everyone to get in.

I was also sitting front row, fourth from our right. They might not even get back to people until Monday since tomorrow is Saturday. I think the size of the session was perfect, although I kind of wish I would have had the opportunity for more interview questions with more faculty instead of two. I would have liked to share my knowledge with more staff.

I said this among our group earlier but I feel like it takes more effort to be competition with others than it takes to support each other so I rather build each other up instead of "going against each other". Although we are fighting for the same seats, I hope it works out in the end for everyone.

I was also sitting front row, fourth from our right. They might not even get back to people until Monday since tomorrow is Saturday. I think the size of the session was perfect, although I kind of wish I would have had the opportunity for more interview questions with more faculty instead of two. I would have liked to share my knowledge with more staff.

I said this among our group earlier but I feel like it takes more effort to be competition with others than it takes to support each other so I rather build each other up instead of "going against each other". Although we are fighting for the same seats, I hope it works out in the end for everyone.

I might be imagining this, but I could have sworn someone posted on here last weekend that they called her Saturday morning to offer her a seat, but now I can't find the post. But I agree I think Monday is probably the most likely day they will call people.

I also agree about the interviews. For how much I prepared, I wish we had more time and talked to more people. By the time I felt somewhat comfortable it was over. I feel like it would have been worth the extra 20 minutes to rotate to another group of interviewers. At least there were two staff members there and they didn't go 1-1 for one interview and call it a day.

I might be imagining this, but I could have sworn someone posted on here last weekend that they called her Saturday morning to offer her a seat, but now I can't find the post. But I agree I think Monday is probably the most likely day they will call people.

I also agree about the interviews. For how much I prepared, I wish we had more time and talked to more people. By the time I felt somewhat comfortable it was over. I feel like it would have been worth the extra 20 minutes to rotate to another group of interviewers. At least there were two staff members there and they didn't go 1-1 for one interview and call it a day.

I think that person got the call on Sunday, when I got an email to interview? 

Good morning everyone,

I hope your interviews went well. To answer some of your questions, our first group received a call by 5 pm the day we interviewed, a total of 6 were accepted out of 10. I have started a FB page and we only have 9 members which means that there are still 31 seats available. Some people did get a call on Saturday following their interview. Just be patient and they will let you know. You have to consider that there was a big storm all day yesterday which BTW left me without power. I understand that the waiting game is nerve racking but they want to make sure they pick the right applicant pool since this is their first cohort. In terms of the length of the interview, I thought it was perfect. Think about it... No group interview or an essay. Best of luck to you all!

Best regards,

Julio

Archived