NEW YORK: Marist College Developing Program

Congrats to everyone who got in.

I recieved an interview offer today, and was hoping you would be able to let us know about the interview process; how many people interviewed, when did it start/end, group or one on one interviews, etc.

Thank you for any info, and good luck to everyone.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Shawno19,

There were 10 applicants at my interview. The interview process is 2 people interviewing you. The faculty staff were so kind and inviting. You get a tour of the new building and campus. The facility is amazing! They have gross anatomy and a trauma room. We would be the first to use it. There are no group interviews or essays. I was accepted the same day. Good luck! I hope this information is helpful.

Julio Espana

Hey Shawno19,

There were 10 applicants at my interview. The interview process is 2 people interviewing you. The faculty staff were so kind and inviting. You get a tour of the new building and campus. The facility is amazing! They have gross anatomy and a trauma room. We would be the first to use it. There are no group interviews or essays. I was accepted the same day. Good luck! I hope this information is helpful.

Julio Espana

Yes it was very helpful and made me feel better that there were only 10 people interviewing, since I will be at least the third round of interviews. I Interviewed at eastern Virginia medical school PA program and there were 120 people interviewing that day I believe.

We were told at our interview that they would hold interview sessions 1x/wk. The first two sessions would be 10 interviewees and the following 4 sessions would be 20.

Hi Nina_Albany! Can you tell us how the interview was set up? How long did the whole process take when you got there? Is there a writing section to the interview? Did they ask ridiculous question or were they basic interview questions? Thanks ! Congrats on getting in !

Hey everyone! I got a interview invite yesterday morning and I picked for 02/05. So nerve racking but exciting! I heard the campus and staff are great. Can anyone who has already interviewed give us some idea of the process?

I'm wondering if their is a writing section like most colleges?? Do they ask tricky questions or was it basic "Getting into PA school" questions? How long did the whole process take with them? I will be traveling far to attend the interview so I need to schedule my day around that. 

Thanks !! Congrats to everyone who got in already! 

I still have not seen Marist PA appear on the 2016 CASPA Full Program's List. I read through their website and it mentions, "Students will apply to the program via a centralized application system operated by the Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA). Applications will be accepted through CASPA beginning in mid-April and will close on January 15, 2017 for the second cohort starting in May 2017.cohort via CASPA."

Did anyone interviewing on the 5th or 12th get a confirmation email when you accepted the invite to interview?

I replied that afternoon but never got an email back. I've called three times the last two days and it rings to a voicemail that is full. I resent the email, but getting worried they didn't get my email and by the time I get in contact with them all the spots for the 5th will be taken.

Did anyone interviewing on the 5th or 12th get a confirmation email when you accepted the invite to interview?

I replied that afternoon but never got an email back. I've called three times the last two days and it rings to a voicemail that is full. I resent the email, but getting worried they didn't get my email and by the time I get in contact with them all the spots for the 5th will be taken.

I emailed my interview confirmation on 12/23/15 and received a confirmation email/itinerary/directions, etc. on 1/7/16. Hope this helps!

I emailed my interview confirmation on 12/23/15 and received a confirmation email/itinerary/directions, etc. on 1/7/16. Hope this helps!

Yes thank you, I was just worried because they said if they don't receive conformation by tomorrow our spot will be offered to someone else, so when I didn't hear anything back I was getting worried I would lose my spot.

But I actually got q hold of someone and they said they would send out that info later this week for the people interviewing.

Hey Shawno19,

Did you also interview in July 2015? I interviewed in July 2015 and was wondering if we crossed paths.

Julio

No, I applied very late in the application cycle 13-14 and that was one of the few schools I liked that were still accepting applications. I applied earlier in the cycle for 14-15 and looked more northeast (where I'm from) and Texas/Southern planes (where I did undergrad and live now) so didn't add them to list that cycle.

But that is a great program, i was really impressed when I interviewed there, was bummed when I didn't get in, but was actually surprised I even got an interview there considering I had no hands on patient care experience and very little shadowing/volunteer hours when I applied. Was a great experience though and worth going just to see what a top flight program is like and have the opportunity to go through the interviews process.

Archived