NEW YORK: Marist College Developing Program

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest drivenashell

I have not heard anything either I called the beginning of December to check to see if my recommendation letters were recieved I was told they would contact ppl the end of December. I did not know 850 people applied that is a lot of applicants.

I have not heard anything either I called the beginning of December to check to see if my recommendation letters were recieved I was told they would contact ppl the end of December. I did not know 850 people applied that is a lot of applicants.

Well then hopefully next week we should all be hearing something! Wow 850 people, did not know it was that many at all. I assumed after they asked us if we were still interested that most people have already started a PA program since we applied last cycle for this school. Well good luck to all!

I called them and they said another 2-3 weeks before we will hear back about interviews.

Wonder what the hold up is. Maybe not enough interest? Accreditation problems? If they stuck to the end of November deadline they've had over 5 weeks to go over applications, with no current class enrolled. Can't imagine it's been as simple as they just haven't had the time to review all the apps.

Guest drivenashell

I don't know I think they wanted a more diverse applicant pool if you look at thier website they changed the prereqs, the amount of patient care hrs etc. I think maybe they were waiting for seniors from Marist and Vassar to apply. We will see. good luck everyone

I called them and they said another 2-3 weeks before we will hear back about interviews.

Wonder what the hold up is. Maybe not enough interest? Accreditation problems? If they stuck to the end of November deadline they've had over 5 weeks to go over applications, with no current class enrolled. Can't imagine it's been as simple as they just haven't had the time to review all the apps.

That's cutting it very close if they are starting in May? I wonder what the hold up could be. 

Was the GRE always a requirement for this school or was that added on? When I applied I only sent my scores to the required schools. 

I'm have not heard anything since I sent in my updated clinical information in late November.  I don't think the GRE was a requirement nor was 1000 hours of HCE when we applied, so I hope that is not a deciding factor now. They are getting ready to start this spring so maybe that in addition to the coming off the holiday season has a lot to do with the delay. 

My guess is that whatever the requirements were at the time we applied would be what applies to us. That is probably the requirements for the next cycle.

Agreed

I am worried now about them filling the class with their own current seniors and leaving less spots for people that applied two years ago and have been waiting.

Would be disappointing, but I guess the answer to that would be 'should have a better application'

I'm have not heard anything since I sent in my updated clinical information in late November.  I don't think the GRE was a requirement nor was 1000 hours of HCE when we applied, so I hope that is not a deciding factor now. They are getting ready to start this spring so maybe that in addition to the coming off the holiday season has a lot to do with the delay. 

Interesting, I am fine with the hours and have them myself since a bunch of other schools require that much. But I didn't want to give them my GRE unless I had to. Does anyone else remember if this was an original requirement? 

Interesting, I am fine with the hours and have them myself since a bunch of other schools require that much. But I didn't want to give them my GRE unless I had to. Does anyone else remember if this was an original requirement? 

I don't think that was a requirement and I also think they changed the class pre req requirement too.  I mean I have those classes but I never remember Biochem being a prereq and now they made Orgo 2 an option incase you don't have that.  Again, I think these new updates are for students applying in the next cycle, not for people who applied years ago.

Hi all -

I thought I would chime in because it seems there are a bunch of you waiting to hear back. I received an email invitation on 1/7 to interview on 1/29. I declined the interview because I have already sent my deposit to a more established program.

A friend of mine received an email invitation on 12/22 to interview on 1/22. She also declined because she was accepted to another program last cycle (and is already 8 months into didactic year).

I would imagine that they are working through a ranked list of applicants until they fill all of the interview slots.

Good luck everyone!! 

Hi all -

I thought I would chime in because it seems there are a bunch of you waiting to hear back. I received an email invitation on 1/7 to interview on 1/29. I declined the interview because I have already sent my deposit to a more established program.

A friend of mine received an email invitation on 12/22 to interview on 1/22. She also declined because she was accepted to another program last cycle (and is already 8 months into didactic year).

I would imagine that they are working through a ranked list of applicants until they fill all of the interview slots.

Good luck everyone!! 

Thank you PAhopeful123 !  Your information was helpful! Congratulations to you and your friend accepting/ starting programs!! Goodluck in PA School!!

Three weeks since they told me 2-3 weeks before I would get an answer about interviews. Not looking good for the home team.

Anyone else hear anything?

Hello,

I had my interview today......wonderful facility, even better staff!!

Good Luck Hope you hear something soon.

ML

Archived