Resume Applying to PA School

Hey guys. I just took the GRE and received a 144 V and 145 Q and 3.5 AW. My science GPA is a 3.7. My Cumulative GPA is a little low at 3.0 and my pre-requisite GPA is a 3.6. I have over 1000 HCE, student athlete, a lot of volunteering and helping around the community. Only worries are my GRE scores and that low cumulative GPA which was lower before I came back to school. Any advice or encouragement would be helpful. Do you guys think any schools would look at me/I could get in? As we all know, this process is super stressful. Thanks in advance for reading and posting.

your stats are fine. don't stress about a 3.6/3.7

what is your HCE?

you should get in anywhere with a 1000 hr experience cutoff. keep in mind many places have gone to a 2000 hr min.

I have my CNA and as of now I have about 1200 hours give or take. I'm worried about the GRE score.

very few places care about the gre score. at most places it is a checkbox: Took gre. it is generally a requirement of the grad school, not the pa program.

I've worked on admissions committees for 2 programs and I don't even look at the gre score. I never took it and don't know how to interpret it. If the programs requires it, I just make sure they took it. I care much more about the quality and quantity of HCE and the GPA.

19 yrs as a PA, the rest as an er tech and paramedic.

I work long shifts by choice (12's and 24's) at 3 different places. there are shorter shifts available if you want them. working longer hours means more days off.

good variety of cases. I can't really imagine doing anything else.

• Upvote 1

don't worry about your GRE score cause it has been gone and we should not take any hesitation with it so that we can't do well in our profession . however you have to do well beforehand and you have to build yourself to resume applying so that you can do well in future. so if you wanna increase your score you have to work hard bro. thanks