CASPA 2015-2016 is coming soon! Are you prepared to apply? The CASPA application will be launching on a new platform on April 22, 2015. Make sure to join the weekly PA chat sessions for a demonstration of the new application platform and Q&A sessions with me, the Physician Assistant Education Association's Director of Applicant & Student Services - CASPA Manager. The sessions for February are below, March will be scheduled soon. 

February schedule

• February 5: 6-7:30pm ET
  • February 9: 5-6:30pm ET
  • February 16: 5-6:30pm ET
  • February 19: 6-7:30pm ET
  • February 23: 5-6:30pm ET
  • February 26: 6-7:30pm ET

How It Works

Attend any scheduled session without registering multiple times. Complete one registration at <a data-ipb="nomediaparse" data-cke-saved-href="http://bit.ly/CareerEcoRegistration%20by%20clicking%20on%20" href="http://bit.ly/CareerEcoRegistration%20by%20clicking%20on%20" register%20as%20a%20student="" alumna',%20add%20the%20sessions%20you%20wish%20to%20attend%20to%20your%20calendar,%20and%20login%20to%20join!%20email%20questions%20directly%20to%20danielle%20di%20silvestro%20at%20danielle@paeaonline.org.%c2%a0"="">http://bit.ly/CareerEcoRegistration. Click on 'Register as Student/Alumnus' and complete the information. Add the sessions to your calendar and join the chat! Email Danielle Di Silvestro with any questions at danielle@PAEAonline.org 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By AhuvaGross21
      Hi guys!
      I recently graduated and I am working on my CASPA application. I am super nervous about my personal statement.
      I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me some tips/ pointers on how to format it, what to include, and what to omit.
      I frequently second guess myself, so any opinions would be helpful.
      I really appreciate any help.
      Send me a pm if possible! 
      Thank you,
      Ahuva
    • By jlcamp15
      Hello there, 
      I am looking for advice after accidentally self-reporting an incorrect GRE test date – and now my application is locked.
      I already submitted to my schools that do not require the GRE. I then went back to send the rest of my apps to programs that do require GRE. Originally, I was not going to self-report any GRE scores, and planned to just sent them through ETS. At the last minute, I thought it may be a good idea to enter that I did in fact take the test... but I accidentally reported the incorrect date. The error is only a date, with no ID or self-reported scores included. I have already sent the official scores from ETS to my individual programs from the actual date I took the test. I have not yet submitted the application with this error to any schools.
      I understand that we cannot edit old information after it has been submitted, but we can add new entries as we go. I misunderstood that we also cannot edit those new entries added, even though the new info has not been submitted yet.
      I have already contacted CASPA, and they confirmed what I already guessed – that it cannot be changed. I'm kicking myself, as I have worked very hard to craft an application I am so so proud of. I was meticulous and diligent in ensuring there were no typos or mistakes in my experiences and personal statement... and then BOOM, it happened in a split second and cannot be corrected. 
      I can see that my official GRE test date and scores will be included on the application, just underneath the self-reported date. I know that it is a minor error, as it is a self-reported date with no included scores… but an error nonetheless. None of my programs required or requested self-report GRE information, only the official report. 
      It is the difference of about one week, 7/22/19 (official) vs 7/31/19 (error). ETS does not even allow you to take the test this close back to back (21 day minimum).
      Would you recommend contacting the programs to let them know? 
      If you made it through my novel, you are a trooper, and I would appreciate any advice 🙂
      Thank you!
    • By futurepa777
      Hi,
      I am a dec 2018 grad board certified with a MA license, but having a lot of difficulty finding a job due to the "3-5 years experience" clause and the fact that many places are now giving priority to NP.
      A few months back family members had suggested I get a job as an MA but I dismissed the idea as I wanted to spend more time looking for a PA position and didn't think I would be hired as one without having completed a formal Medical Assisting program. Now over 6 months post graduation with no job offers and loan payments coming in, a few medical professionals have now mentioned the idea again.
      So before I start applying I wanted to see if any one has done this or knows if it is allowed? The other hurdle of course would be if the employer would hire knowing that  I would be looking for a PA position... thoughts?
    • By sjrack
      5 years ago my wife and I participated in a sweat equity program to help build our current home and 4 other homes in our neighborhood. I'm wanting to include this experience since it involved helping others in my community that fell within a certain lower income bracket, but I want to label it correctly in CASPA. My current thinking is that I can mark it as "volunteer" and also check that it was "compensated." Even though we didn't receive any money, we built equity in our home by building it ourselves along with the help of the other families. Does this sound ok? Or should I label it as something else completely?
      Thank you!
    • By Southpaw45
      All,
      Just wanted to let you know from last years experience so you don't have the same issue. 
      Background:  Wanted to hit the Aug 1 deadlines, so submitted  and was verified prior to deadline.
      Had transcripts and other items from summer that arrived at CASPA after application was verified.
      Two Items to note:
      1 - Any grades after verification will not be updated into the GPA calculation (I can understand that).
      2 - CASPA will update the file, however if you submit another application, CAPSA sends the original file to the school - Not the updated one.
           YOU will need to inform the school to go get the UPDATED file, otherwise they will still see your original file.
      I did not know this and may have missed out on schools looking at what I thought was an updated file only to find out later, that they were not seeing the updated version.  If I would have known this, I may have either waited (missed the Aug deadline) or more than likely told the schools they had to go into the system to see the latest file (CASPA's advice).
      I found this out too late for last years cycle....Posting this so others may avoid this.
      Good Luck!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More