Job Outlook in Los Angeles

Hi All,

I am the husband of a PA student. She is busy with her rotations right now so I am trying to gather this information for her.

We are looking to move to Los Angeles at the end of this summer, specifically to the UCLA/Westwood area for my graduate degree. My wife will graduate from her PA program in mid August and will be ready to start working. We are trying to get a better understanding of what the job market looks like for PA’s out there. We know that the UCLA medical system doesn’t hire PA’s. What kinds of opportunities are out there? What is the role of most PA’s in and around Los Angeles? In what roles/places are they most valued? I appreciate any help, thank you!

I just went to indeed.com and a whole lotta jobs popped up. However, they don't always want entry level even though they say NEW GRADS WELCOME, they usually go with experience. There's another thread about the job outlook in CA, even though it's San Fran, the advice is still good.

• 2 years later...

Hi All,

I am the husband of a PA student. She is busy with her rotations right now so I am trying to gather this information for her.

We are looking to move to Los Angeles at the end of this summer, specifically to the UCLA/Westwood area for my graduate degree. My wife will graduate from her PA program in mid August and will be ready to start working. We are trying to get a better understanding of what the job market looks like for PA’s out there. We know that the UCLA medical system doesn’t hire PA’s. What kinds of opportunities are out there? What is the role of most PA’s in and around Los Angeles? In what roles/places are they most valued? I appreciate any help, thank you!

When I was looking for jobs in Los Angeles, I found that the best option was Employment Research.com. I had access to so many other jobs that I was never exposed to before I started doing my job search with EmploymentCrossing.com. Good luck!

Archived