Interviews for January 2016 start

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you!! :) Yesterday was the first round of interviews for the 2016 start date, I applied at the end of December and the process has been super quick! I was highly impressed during the interview. The facilities are really nice and the faculty and current students we met with were really welcoming and helpful. As mentioned in some of the other threads, the interview itself was laid back. I never felt uncomfortable or overly nervous at any point. It was a really great experience! Good luck to everyone! :)

Hey everyone! I am a PA student at AMC and I just started in Jan 2015. Just wanted to put myself out there as a resource to you all as you apply/interview. Such an exciting time! If you have any questions about the program, where to stay for an interview, transportation, whatever it may be, please feel free to ask me anything or private message me! Good luck to everyone, and congratulations Atakacs on your acceptance! :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Atakacs, that's outstanding! Huge congratulations! I'm interviewing on Monday, just got the call this morning. Anyone able to give me some idea of what to expect? It seems as though there are one on one interviews with faculty as well as group interviews with students. How has it gone for everyone who's been so far? 

Jonnyola,

Congratulations on your interview! I am a current student in the program now. When you first arrive at the interview you will be directed to a room with the other candidates. I had 2 one on one interviews with faculty members and the style of the interview will depend on which faculty you're assigned to. Overall, the interview process is very laid back, more conversational based. There are one or two faculty members who will ask more traditional questions and will ask questions based on your CASPA application, specifically if they're curious about something you mentioned in your essay. I interviewed at 4 schools total and this one was by far the most relaxed, so don't stress. If there's going to be any typical interview questions it will be, "why do you want to be a PA?" "Why are you interested in our program?" kinda thing. The faculty also does research through your FB and may bring up a group you are a part of or something, not to criticize you but to spark casual conversation. They really just want to get to know you and make sure you're somewhat normal ;) 

There will be a tour of the campus lead by current students (all of us, the students, will be on a 1 week break during your interview but I know they are asking for volunteers to help out) and whoever your tour leader is will give input to the faculty after your tour, so please act professionally and ask lots of questions! You will also be having lunch with the current students.

Overall, just be yourself, and show your personality. The staff truly are super friendly and make a big effort to get you to be as relaxed as possible during your time here! Good luck to you :)

You're not pestering! I'm happy to answer any questions you have, anytime! 

I LOVE the program so far. This first term is a little bit "easier" than the other ones so it's nice to be eased into it. Right now we only have class for about 5 hours a day but in the summer and fall they bump it up to 7-8 hours a day. The program accepts 42 into a class, and typically has a wait list of 20 people. Honestly, they do a great job of choosing a class, everyone gets along really well (at least, so far ;) ). The highlight of the first term is dissecting and exploring the cadavers. It's honestly one of the best experiences I think you'll have in PA school and keep in mind that some PA programs don't even have cadavers as part of their program! 

Good luck on Monday, and don't be nervous!!

Thanks Jonnyola! :) Congrats to you too on your interview, good luck tomorrow!! Alexa254 explained the interview process perfectly so I don't really have anything else to add haha..it doesn't seem like they changed the interview process from when she interviewed since mine was exactly as she explained. During one of my one on one interviews, the faculty member and I had a long discussion about a topic completely unrelated to the program or becoming a PA so I was nervous that was a bad thing but I guess it wasn't (So if that happens to you too, don't worry!). I think they really do just want to get to know you as a person as best they can in those few hours and make sure you have good interpersonal skills, passion for the profession, etc. 

Obviously the night before is super nerve racking, but you'll do great! :)

Let us know how it goes :) :) :)

Got my acceptance over the phone this morning! Thank you everyone for all of your help. Atak, do you think AMC is where you'll be attending? I'm hoping we can start getting in touch with the group who will all be attending. The interviews went really well...solid group of people yesterday. I'm not sure who else made it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've been accepted and I think this is where I'm gonna go :). I had a great interview experience here and its the closest program to my home. I needed some time to think it over, but I'm turning down my other program options to go here. I wish it started a little sooner, but I'm sure I'll find some creative ways to keep myself occupied until January... like work :p. 

I can't wait to meet everyone!!! I'm so excited! Congratulations to everyone else! 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just interviewed yesterday and had a great experience. I was surprised only two others were in my interview group, was expecting something closer to ten. Others have explained the process very well on this thread, it's very laid back and conversational for the most part. I'm from the area and have heard nothing but great things about the program so this is definitely my first choice.

During the wrap up we were told letters would go out today, but it seems like others found out the next day over the phone. Did they call you or did you call them to find out? I'm thinking I will call over there later today...

Good luck to those still applying and congratulations to those accepted! Hope to be joining you!

Archived