New Program Director?

• 4 months later...

Yes. Cindy Lord did indeed leave the QU program as program director. She is no longer with the university and the circumstances surrounding her departure have been kept very quiet. Apparently her departure was very abrupt with little explanation given. All very mysterious. Historically at universities with medical schools, PA programs are usually forced to take a back seat to the medical school. Cindy has a VERY strong personality and I can't see her taking such changes lightly. Speculation is that Cindy was forced to leave due to her objections.

That's very concerning for the PA program at QU. Given the fact that Cindy was there for almost 20 years and is solely responsible for taking it from a unknown backwater program to 5th in the nation, I worry exactly what effect her leaving will have on the quality of the program.  Her leaving was very sad news for alumni. 

I have heard rumors that she will be the director starting a new PA program at the Mayo or Cleveland clinics. BIG loss for QU.

Archived