Sign in to follow this  
TeacherPA

PA Shadowing in Maryland/DC

Good evening everyone,

I am looking to shadow PAs in any specialty in the MD/DC area. I am a teacher, but could shadow on weekends or nights. If anyone has any contacts or suggestions for how to find PAs to shadow, please let me know.

Thank you!

Depending on how close you are to Northern Virginia, contact the VAPA, and the PAs in that area. They could help you out, also I heard Shadygrove has a program for shaodwing PAs you could think about. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By lynn1862
      Hey guys! I'm 24 and have recently been accepted into a PA program, but I keep having second thoughts.
      My whole life I have been interested in medicine and health care. However, I am also a more quiet/introverted/awkward person and deal with social anxiety at times. For patient care hours this past year I became a phlebotomist. Although I loved learning about blood drawing and enjoyed the hands on aspect of it, the actual job itself was very draining for me. I worked at a very busy lab that saw over a 100 patients a day. Having to interact with so many patients left me feeling exhausted once I clocked out. I guess sometimes I wonder if I am making the right choice for myself career wise.
      I have shadowed many PAs and enjoyed those experiences, but I know shadowing and actually doing it are two different things. I also shadowed a Pathology Assistant, thinking that may be a better fit for me, but found it slightly repetitive and actually a little too isolating. 
      I was wondering if anyone else had similar worries once upon a time? If there are specialties more geared towards introvert/quiet people? Or ones that see a lower volume of patients? Or maybe this isn't the best path for me? 
    • By Tllehann
      My name is Tessa and I am currently an MA at a dermatology clinic. I am aspiring to be a PA and will be applying during the next cycle. I have worked along side PAs for about 2 years now in dermatology and have experience working in a level 1 ED. However, I am looking for any PA shadow opportunity in Arizona that is not dermatology as I want to branch out and have an understanding of what PAs do in different fields. I live in Glendale but I am willing to travel anywhere in Arizona.
      If you are a PA or know a PA or any open opportunities feel free to reach out to me on here. 
      Thank you! 

• By hjochs
      I'm considering PA school as a path but I've been having a really hard time finding anyone to shadow. Do people just cold email local PAs? Thanks!
    • By Briannaarroyo
      Hello,
      I am president of the Pre-PA club at SFSU. I am looking for shadowing opportunities here in the Bay Area. If the PA allows, I would like to share this opportunity to my club to shadow during the breaks at SFSU. Please feel free to reach out to me on here or you can follow us/DM us @sfsuppas 
    • By ChanelBot
      Hi! I am a 27 y/o with 1900 hours of direct patient care as a PCT. 100 volunteer hours. I am just in search of a PA to shadow. 

ps. i'll love you forever
      Chanel

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More