Any Acceptances yet?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Straight rejection as well and im actually shocked that i didnt even get waitlisted. I dont understand what they are looking for cause i got accepted/waitlisted from all the other schools i applied to. Unfortunately, WesternU is my first choice due to location but whatever. God i am so salty about this lmao...

I know it hurts! I KNOW it's really hard, but try try try to look at the bright side. At least you are fortunate enough to get accepted somewhere else. Years from now you will look back and this will be so far behind you!!!

Straight rejection as well and im actually shocked that i didnt even get waitlisted. I dont understand what they are looking for cause i got accepted/waitlisted from all the other schools i applied to. Unfortunately, WesternU is my first choice due to location but whatever. God i am so salty about this lmao...

Mind me asking what other schools you got accepted/WL too?

I didn't get into PA school the first year I applied, but am now a first year student at WesternU. You should all be so proud of yourselves for getting interviews - that is a big accomplishment on its own! Congrats to those who got in! For those who didn't, I would encourage you to contact Jeanene or Michael in the admissions office and find out what you can improve on for next year. If this is your dream, then you try everything in your power to make that a reality. Ask to come and sit in on a class. If you haven't gone to preview day, I would highly suggest that as well. Don't let this get you down, look at it as an opportunity to grow and improve! 

I got accepted into a NY and West Virginia program and waitlisted by a boston program. According to the PA programs national ranking, both the NY and Boston programs are ranked higher than WesternU by like 20 ranks, which is why im shocked that i got rejected and not even waitlisted I understand that the rankings are subjectives and arent really that accurate but still im salty lol. Anyways congrats to those accepted

I got rejected to T_T

Does anyone know of interview lessons that I can take? I really need to improve my interview skills :)

This was my 4th interview and I finally got in. It really is about saying what they want to hear, all while trying to maintain your composure and be yourself (sounds impossible). I became so frustrated after being rejected from one school and wait listed at two others that I finally ordered "How to ace the PA interview" book from Amazon. I studied that thing from front to back and came up with several scenarios in which I could use as examples, if needed. I walked out of all my interviews fist pumping in my mind! :) that book helped so much!!

I got rejected to T_T

Does anyone know of interview lessons that I can take? I really need to improve my interview skills :)

My whole hearted suggestion would be practice practice practice. In front of as many people who would let you talk to them. I made a whole slew of notecards with potential questions. . . and ran thew them with my husband several times. Then, I practiced out loud in the car, at home etc. Althought the questions asked at the interview were not exact replicas of what I had rehearsed, I was able to draw on all the examples from my own life to use in the interview. What was your gut feeling after the interview?

This was my 4th interview and I finally got in. It really is about saying what they want to hear, all while trying to maintain your composure and be yourself (sounds impossible). I became so frustrated after being rejected from one school and wait listed at two others that I finally ordered "How to ace the PA interview" book from Amazon. I studied that thing from front to back and came up with several scenarios in which I could use as examples, if needed. I walked out of all my interviews fist pumping in my mind! :) that book helped so much!!

wow that's some perservance!! Good for you. I also read that book front to back and found it to be very helpful

Archived