Le Moyne PA Program Class of 2017

I have also looked at a few of the above apartments since I will be moving sometime this summer (still haven't ironed out all the details). I have also been looking around Liverpool, although I am not 100% sure how much of a commute this would be to Syracuse.

Congratulations everyone! Looking forward to meeting you all! :)

I currently live in the Village of Liverpool and it takes about 15-20 minutes to get to LeMoyne. It's a pretty quick and easy drive and I love the area! I would recommend it if you don't mind being a little further from campus. 

Congratulations everyone! Looking forward to meeting you all! :)

I currently live in the Village of Liverpool and it takes about 15-20 minutes to get to LeMoyne. It's a pretty quick and easy drive and I love the area! I would recommend it if you don't mind being a little further from campus.

Thanks for the info! Do you feel it is difficult to get around in the snow? That was my only concern with being further away from campus, if it snows the commute could be questionable. Otherwise I don't mind being further away, where I go to school now I commute an hour anyways :)

Of course! That's quite the commute!! As far as the snow goes, it really depends! Sometimes it's just a matter of taking some extra time for the commute, other times can be a bit more challenging, but when that happens plows are usually out in full force. :) Liverpool is a pretty well travelled area, so that's a plus. Apartments like Harborside Manor, Pearl Street Apartments and Clayton Manor (there are some more right in that area too, but I can't remember their names!) are pretty close to Rt 81 which is really helpful when getting to LeMoyne. The one thing that does come to mind, however, is the hill to get up to campus. With a lot of snow that might be tough (I could be wrong!) and I think with some of the apartments closer to campus you'd be able to avoid that. 

Of course! That's quite the commute!! As far as the snow goes, it really depends! Sometimes it's just a matter of taking some extra time for the commute, other times can be a bit more challenging, but when that happens plows are usually out in full force. :) Liverpool is a pretty well travelled area, so that's a plus. Apartments like Harborside Manor, Pearl Street Apartments and Clayton Manor (there are some more right in that area too, but I can't remember their names!) are pretty close to Rt 81 which is really helpful when getting to LeMoyne. The one thing that does come to mind, however, is the hill to get up to campus. With a lot of snow that might be tough (I could be wrong!) and I think with some of the apartments closer to campus you'd be able to avoid that. 

Thank you! I was thinking the same thing about the hill to school. I manage ok in Mass with a small sedan and four snow tires, but I get the impression that may not be enough in Syracuse. I am hoping to make a trip out in May to see the area and look at a few apartments in various areas. I like liverpool the best as of right now, in large part because I know the area is safe and the apartments have many of the features I can't seem to find in Syracuse (like in-unit washer and dryer, plus gas stove). I feel like I am being really picky, but I also know having these things makes my life easier, which will be necessary :) I am just unsure if being closer would be a better sacrifice, so when 3 feet of snow is dumped on the ground I could just walk!

Thank you again for all of the information. I really appreciate having your input!

Yeah.... About that giant hill. Are there alternative ways to get to the campus that take the incline more gradually? It sounds silly but that terrified me haha - both going up and down. I think I went up Smith St (the hill) to Springfield Rd. I have no problems driving in snow, but I'm not accustomed to steep hills.

Yeah.... About that giant hill. Are there alternative ways to get to the campus that take the incline more gradually? It sounds silly but that terrified me haha - both going up and down. I think I went up Smith St (the hill) to Springfield Rd. I have no problems driving in snow, but I'm not accustomed to steep hills.

LOL I remember that hill! I drove down that hill on the 7th when it was snowing like crazy. I was praying for my life as I was driving down.

You're so welcome! I know it doesn't help a ton because it's so tough making these decisions from far away, but I'm happy to do what I can! You're allowed to be picky anyways, you want to be comfortable where you live! :) And hey, if it makes you feel better I have been driving around in a little focus without snow tires for the past two years, so your snow tires are great! 

So sorry to remind you guys about that dreaded hill! haha I'm curious if there's a different way around too, I've always gone the same way. 

Archived