Hey guys,

So I had my interview, it wasnt bad at all. It was just like a casual discussion with 3 different people. First we had to write an essay which is only to see if you can read and write well. And then they asked me questions about how I would describe myself and what my plans are once I become a PA. Also things like what if you get rejected. Since it was mostly about myself and what I have been through in life, I don't think most questions pertain to you guys. But Im certain that, they're very easy-going, they will ask you questions related to yourself since they are more interested to know you as a person. And by the time you know it, it'll be over. So just relax, and give it your best shot :)

Good luck to all,

Let me know if you guys have any more questions.

- Mariyam.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everybody! I'm new to this thread but I have something to share for those who are awaiting interviews. I just had my interview last Tuesday at 1 PM and my only advice is relax and be yourself! As mariyam said, it was very casual and much much better than I expected. The committee just wanted to know the person behind the application - your dreams, motivation towards becoming a PA, a little life story, and even your hobbies! I think I was interviewed for quite a while. I didn't notice the time. Lol. It was a great experience and we even shared some laughs so make sure you have fun and make the most of it. Just let them know how serious you are in becoming a PA. Best of luck!

Hey mariyam! Were you the girl in the grey suit? I was the one with the long sleeve black suit. :D

Thanks for the insight Mariyam and jdg! Honestly, your comments about the interview have put me to ease. I was definitely getting pretty worried, especially since I'm not the greatest with interviews, but I feel a bit more relaxed now. Thanks again and I'm crossing my fingers for all of us!

You'll be fine, m57a! The interviewers were nice and friendly. Try to get there a bit earlier too so you can relax and put your mind at ease. Enjoy the good weather too and the nice surroundings. That's what I did. More importantly, stay confident and smile!

Let us know how you did as well. :)

Thank you applesticker.Congrats to you too.Well I remember that in my interview it was mention that the orientation the weekened trip was mandatory. I'm not too sure though, I'm assuming that we should be getting an email soon about it all.

Congratulations to everyone who was accepted into the program!!!

For those who weren't yet, I called the Program today asking when we would be notified as to whether or not we were admitted. The secretary said we would either be notified via email or via congratulatory letter. I guess they are still making decisions and we'll find out for sure by the end of the week. Good luck to those who still have yet to hear back!

I got my phone call on Friday and I was accepted!!! I was excited and overjoyed but I am going to decline and attend another PA program in which I've already paid my deposit. Although a bit longer, the other program offers a Master's degree!! Congrats to all those who were accepted and be patient to those still waiting to hear. They stressed heavily not to take the seat if I wasn't able to commit so I'm giving up my seat and congrats to the lucky person who gets it!!! :-)

Very nice - Congrats to you!!!! A lot of programs are now offering a masters degree. Do you know if there is a benefit of getting a masters over your bachelors? Are they more likely to hire you for a job if you have your masters?

My physician assistant told me that the field is trending more towards the Master's Degree and supposedly you get paid more if you do have one. And I know a lot of P.A.s with a bachelor's degree that are going to school for their Master's while working. But I don't think it'll affect whether or not you get hired. Especially if you decide to work in the city.

Archived