Diversity at Touro Pa Program: BayShore

Hello everyone,

Any information, facts, and real experiences will be appreciated from anyone. Even though I choose not to believe these comments, they are becoming real and scary.

I have heard and read from various sources the way minorities are treated at Touro especially Blacks. I have heard that some certain groups are treated badly. I have heard preference is given to Italians and Jewish students in some of the campuses. Are these stories true? or false?

Please help with any information. Anyone, including myself would love to be in an environment that is conducive for learning because everyone is treated equally and fairly...right?

Help!!!!

MINORITIES READ THE REASON THEY GET AWAY WITH IT, BECAUSE IT IS A PRIVATE SCHOOL, WHEN U GET ACCEPTED.. THEY WILL TELL U ITS THE TOURO BUBBLE IGNORE THE OUTSIDE WORLD.IM HISPANIC, I WAS ACCEPTED IN 2009 BAYSHORE CLASS AND GOT DISMISS IN THE END OF THE SEMESTER, AND YES ITS STILL THE SAME STAFF,  THIS BECAUSE OF  MY RACE, WHILE OTHERS WHO DID MORE POORLY GOT TO MOVE UP TO THE NEXT SEMESTER. My i receive A D in one of my classes, others fail but got take a makeups, others i mean italians/jewish/whites. MOST PPL ACCEPTED KNOW THE STAFF SOMEONE someWAY OR THE OTHER LIKE A CONNECTION BUT INSTRUCTED TO NOT SAY A WORD. BUT ANYWAYS I COULD CARE LESS THE TUITION WAS VERY EXPENSIVE, THE SAME SEMESTER I WAS DISMISS... I WAS APPLYING TO OTHER SCHOOLS BECAUSE I FELT THE TENSION OF THE STAFF TOWARDS MINORITIES... IT WAS  66 STUDENTS AND ONLY 2 BLACK STUDENTS 3 HISPANICS 4 CHINESES 6 ARAB/ INDIANS , and guess what?? the 2 blacks didnt move up in semester 2 HISPANICS 1 CHINESE 2 INDIANS  ALL WHITES PASSED. AND THE ONLY REASON THEY ACCEPTED MINORITIES WAS BECAUSE THEY HAVE TOO OR IT WOULD LOOK FUNNY TO THE THE (NCCPA) thats who accredited  PA PROGRAMS.... THAT A NY SCHOOL WITH NO MINORITIES, SO THEY TRY TO STAY UNDER THE RADAR BECAUSE OF THAT. In my situation although i was dismiss it was a learning experience and a dent in my wallet, i was able to get into somewhere else and finish WHICH WAS A WAYY BETTER EXPERIENCE PPL THAT ACTUALLY WANT TO SEE U SUCCEED. trust me if ur a minority you would have to be perfect , because they look for aNY reason to throw u out or hold u up  verse a white student, you think in suffolk county long island ppl want to see miniorities succeed, look i would apply anywhere else even its out the way do ur homework look at the staff profiles make sure u see diversity. and look to this school  as a last resort with the advice in mind im giving stay on top of ur shit. So u think this a jewish school right, well the PA PROGRAM IS RUN BY ITALIANS THEY ALL KNOW EACH OTHER PERSONAL LEVEL OR ARE RELATED COUSINS/ SONS AND SO FORTH its more like a mob.THERE IS ON INDIAN NAME ZEB  on staff WHO IS MORE LIKE THERE BITCH.  HE IS THE ONLY MINORITY ON THE STAFF. THE MOST RACISTs ppl  ARE Nicole Cimino ,John Rongo,ALTHOUGH Joseph Faiella - Tommasino IS CHAIR from the army got a phd runs the program likes its army, HE NEVER THERE AND GETS his NEWS AND FAVORS WITH HIS STAFF decisions. MUST ITALIANS last  NAMES ENDS WITH "O" BY THE WAY OR SOME VOWEL, My end note if you're a minority i wouldn't even apply here and waste time/ and money.SAD BUT THATS HOW IT IS OVER THERE, LOOK FOR CITY SCHOOLS OR SCHOOLS WITH A DIVERSITY IN THEIR STAFF. also to add touro is not on any employers list of favorites that school has a history of many scams, as far as ppl paying for good grades, mostly everyone jewish as a 4.0 as a undergrad lol (bs) aside from PA program but touro was originally design for jews to loook good in the outside world. AND I FORGOT TO ADD  BAYSHORE CAMPUS AND WINTHROP CAMPUS AND MANHATTAN CAMPUS ARE ALL RUN BY THE SAME PPL ITS INTERCHANGEABLE HOW THEY TREAT MINORITIES, U MIGHT HAVE BETTER LUCK WITH THE MANHATTAN CAMPUS BECAUSE THE STAFFING AND I ACTUALLY KNOW A MINORITY OR TWO WHO MADE IT THROUGH BUT ALL WITH CONFLICTS/ STRESS FROM STAFFING WHICH THE OTHERS DIDN'T HAVE TO GO THROUGH. MY TIPS APPLY TO SCHOOLS THAT HAVE A LONG HISTORY OF EDUCATION  NOT PRIVATE , HAVE DIVERSITY IN THERE STAFF AND PRACTICALLY A SCHOOL THAT AS A MED SCHOOL OR MULTI SPECIALITIES FOR EXAMPLE , NJ SCHOOL OF MEDICINE, SOPHIA DAVIS , OR CITY SCHOOLS OR IN  SO CALLED URBAN ENVIRONMENTS. 

• 1 month later...

Most of the people of color at SOPHIE Davis (City College) are Indians and Caribbeans who use the minority preference to their advantage. I'm not holding it against them, but their status as minorities is somewhat nominal in this context as the purpose of AA was to offset historical discrimination related to slavery/Jim Crow/segregation/ Mass incarceration, what have you. There are only a few African-American/Latino students in each class. Many of the faculty are minorities , but many are not. Several are Jewish so watch out bc. you know they are out to get you!;) IMO a strong candidate who is Black or Latino will get a slight preference at most schools even if there is no stated AA policy.

I will ignore your anti-semitism and just say that you need to spell better and learn to use complete sentences if you want to be taken seriously. I've never met anyone who didn't tell me that the didactic year of PA school is anything more than a meatgrinder. People who aren't prepared are likely to wash out, regardless of their background. This, in addition to the # of applicants, is one of the reason admission is so competitive. They want to know that people will be ready. But I think that a lot of people are able to slide in with a 4.0 from Community Colleges or schools with reduced standards (like Medgar Evers). There are a lot of reasons for not requiring the GRE, but one argument in favor of it is that it does correlate somewhat with intelligence and problem solving ability and academic preparation ie for all the inadequacies of the test, some one who gets a 320/5.0 is likely to be able to keep up with the workload.

Archived