Current students & clinical rotations

If there are any current students that still come to these forums, I just had a couple of questions about your clinical rotations. From the interview process I remember them saying there are at least a few hundred clinical rotation sites and preceptors available. However I don't remember them saying anything about keeping rotations within a certain radius of the school. For example, some other schools will say they keep their student rotations within 1-2 hours or 75 miles of the school. 

I'm kind of curious where students typically end up for their clinical rotations, given the program's emphasis on rural medicine. Were most of your rotations within 1-2 hours of the program? If there were far rotations, was it difficult to find housing? I'm from out of the state, so I don't have friends or family living in Mississippi currently who I could stay with. 

I wouldn't mind a few far clinical rotations for a variety of experiences, but it would be nice if most of the rotations are within driving distance. But I guess traveling around is pretty typical of many PA programs ;). 

Any input would be appreciated! I really like this program - this is really my only concern. 

Archived