Meet and greet January 21?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live on the eastside of Seattle. Sounds like there's only 5 of us. Any suggestions of where to go?

Btw Marianne I think you work with my wife.

Hi Steve,

I do work with your wife and she is definitely one of my favorite co-workers! Such a great RN and so sweet! One of these days I'm going to send her home with a knitted hat for your little one. :-)

I live in your neck of the woods and look forward to meeting you. Hopefully we can organize a meet up on the 21st. Maybe at U-Village? Free parking, lots of places to grab food and drink. The only challenge for us eastsiders, will be trying to avoid traffic on 520W during the evening commute!

With only five of us chiming in about meeting up, I wonder how many will be interviewing?

Last year, a handful of us met before the interviews after posting on this forum.  There were four of us.  The next day, 36 people interviewed at the UW.  I think there are many applicants who are not aware of the PA Forum as a resource.

That said, I am convinced meeting beforehand helped all of us with our interviews.  Best of luck.

Last year, a handful of us met before the interviews after posting on this forum.  There were four of us.  The next day, 36 people interviewed at the UW.  I think there are many applicants who are not aware of the PA Forum as a resource.

That said, I am convinced meeting beforehand helped all of us with our interviews.  Best of luck.

Thanks for the advice and good wishes.  It's funny that I just assume everyone knows about the forum!

Hello Everyone,

I was invited as well to interview on Jan 22. I just found this forum by chance and I think it is a great resource. I was able to talk to a friend that went to Medex and he agreed that being yourself, and staying calm were essential to a solid interview. I think that meeting up would help with this.

Marianne, I would be interested in meeting up with you folks. Is this the finalized location and time? I will be staying with relatives in Bothell, so that would be good for me.  Let me know. Thank you

Let's plan to meet up at JOEY at 3PM on the 21st. It works for those who have posted and we can always change it up a bit as needed if more people chime in about the timing. Sound okay to everyone?

That time and place work for me as well. It doesn't sound like there will be too many of us but I can call ahead and make a reservation. 

That would be great! Thanks!

Would anyone be interested in meeting at JOEY Kitchen around 3pm on the 21st? It's not far from our interview site and it would be great to meet up before our interview the next day.

I inserted a link to the address. All you have to do is click on JOEY Kitchen. In case it's not working, here you go:

JOEY Kitchen

University Village Shopping Center

2603 NE 46th Street

Seattle, WA 98105

(206) 527-6188

After you go to Joey Kitchen in the U Village, check out Molly Moon, two doors down.  Yes, I know it's January, but it's some pretty awesome ice cream.  We walk all the way up there on our lunch break to have it.

There's never a bad season for excellent ice cream! Thanks for the tip.

Just wanted to say Good Luck to everyone who will be interviewing! I just interviewed in Spokane this past weekend and what an honor it was to be there and meet everyone. Waiting to here the outcome at this point. :)

You've got this! Smile, be yourself and give it your all!

Archived