MCPHS - Worcester 2016 Accepted

Hey everyone, I know its early still, but I'd like to hear from others that were accepted to start at MCPHS in January of 2016!  I was accepted, but applied to both the 2015 and 2016 start dates, so acceptances for those who applied to just 2016 will come a little later.

Cant wait to meet everyone, and good luck!

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the interview process was very laid back. We met as a group first (about 8 of us on my day) and listened to a presentation about the program and the university. We completed a 30 minute essay (which is nothing to stress about). They give you a choice between 5ish topics just to see how well you write. Pay attention to punctuation and grammar. They then split the group up into 2. One group went with a couple students for a tour and the other went for their 1:1 interviews with a faculty member. I didn't encounter many challenging questions in the interview. It was mostly a conversation about me and what brought me to this point. Realize that this is an accelerated program and be prepared to defend why you'll succeed. The interviewer has access to your application, so also be prepared to talk about any low grades, activities, or your personal statement.

Good luck!

• 5 weeks later...

Hello Everyone, 

My name is Janel. I am from a small town in CT north of New Haven. I just received my acceptance letter in the mail yesterday! I am so excited to meet everyone! When putting down your deposit, did you just do the $500.00 or did you add the additional $250.00 to reserve housing? Thank you  

Melinda, I am so happy to hear that you were accepted as well! Congratulations to everyone! As time gets closer maybe some of us should meet up for lunch and see if we want to approach the idea of being roommates. I am open to living off campus since I think it would be a more affordable option. Its all a little premature at this time, but it sure is exciting to be able to get the process started! 

Congratulations to everyone who was accepted, to those of you coming on March 5th, I will be one of your student tour guides. The interviews are 1-1 with a PA faculty member, every faculty member is different but mine was very low stress, the key is they want to know if you can stand up to the stress and rigor of a fast program. I'm a first year PA student, so if you have questions I can try to help you out. There will be get togethers set up by students before classes start - we had 2 or 3, plus admissions will set up a Facebook group so everyone can set up housing and such.

If you were waitlisted, interviewed and not offered a spot, or applied late in the cycle, keep working and apply again. I have classmates who were interviewed one year, waitlisted, then applied, interviewed and were accepted the following year, a classmate who was waitlisted and accepted less than a month before classes started and was told when I was interviewed that I would have been accepted in the prior year's class but the class was full. If anyone is lurking in this thread and thinking they can apply 2 days before the admissions deadline, DO NOT WAIT. The class fills quickly and by summer you are fighting over a few spots. 

Hey everyone,

I was also accepted last week :) I can't wait to meet all of you and congrats on your acceptances! Im also from the MA area and I think lunch is a great idea. Does anyone have any idea of what the housing is like at the school? Is there a common kitchen or one in each room? I am still debating on whether I should live off campus or on...

I'm trying to figure out my living situation as well. For any first year or second year students, would you say the difference in cost for on/off campus varies significantly after utilities, parking etc. ? It most likely depends where you live on/off campus but I'm just trying to get a rough estimate. Thanks!

I'm trying to figure out my living situation as well. For any first year or second year students, would you say the difference in cost for on/off campus varies significantly after utilities, parking etc. ? It most likely depends where you live on/off campus but I'm just trying to get a rough estimate. Thanks!

Depends where you live, roommates, pets, amenities, etc. Keep in mind that most of your free time is tied up in studying. You don't need a 2000sqft apartment with a fireplace and gourmet kitchen if you are studying at your desk the whole time you are there. I know a lot of my classmates are canceling their cable/satellite TV packages because they don't have any time to watch tv and it's wasted money. 

I thought the interview process was very laid back. We met as a group first (about 8 of us on my day) and listened to a presentation about the program and the university. We completed a 30 minute essay (which is nothing to stress about). They give you a choice between 5ish topics just to see how well you write. Pay attention to punctuation and grammar. They then split the group up into 2. One group went with a couple students for a tour and the other went for their 1:1 interviews with a faculty member. I didn't encounter many challenging questions in the interview. It was mostly a conversation about me and what brought me to this point. Realize that this is an accelerated program and be prepared to defend why you'll succeed. The interviewer has access to your application, so also be prepared to talk about any low grades, activities, or your personal statement.

Good luck!

Hi! congratulation for you acception. I have interview for march 5th, they told me that is the second interview. I am ESL student, I have prepared for 1:1 interview, but I am terrified for sample writing. Can you please provide some detail regarding writing? and by the way I am coming from NJ...long way

Archived