MDC 2015 APPLICANTS POST HERE

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I work at t-mobile part time like 28 hours. But only 4 days a week. I know that Microbio is on gram staining and basic things and med. term and med math are straight forward as well. The main bulk is AnP. Which is again broad but general. Exam is in 2 weeks and we all need to study whether we got an invite or not. 

Hi fellow applicants, from what I understand the application process is by points and in the past they divided it into three groups. Those that meet the requirments are invited for the test and then the top 100 or so gets an interview. I think last year it was 500 applicants and 250 were invited to the test. However, do not quote me on that. I have no idea what the stats are this year. Programs change every year as does the criteria. From what I have heard in order to get an interview you have to score at atleast 80 or above. Again, that is from the past, sure it all depends on averages and the current pool. So just do your best and study. So far the test dates are March 20, and 23, if judging from the past there will be a third test date so those that did not get invited yet there is still time. Good luck to you all! 

I believe they will be general anatomical locations and functions I doubt any case studies will be seen. But what do you guys think it will be mostly on? Abdominal-thoracic organs and Inervations? Muscles? I don't know I've heard differnt things

I send my application on Jan 14 and got my invitation for the 20th.... i been studying all the books they suggested months already.... know few students in the program and they suggest me to know general concepts....goodluck everyone!!!

Considering tests are soon I don't think they will be sending out invitations for much longer I would guess that if you don't get one by next week sometime you won't be invited. Just a guess, I honestly do not know. The essay is the least of worries, that is just to see if you can write and make an argument. The test itself hard to say, I don't think there will be case studies and 50 A&P questions could cover anything in the human body. I am just reviewing all the body systems. What times did you all get for your test? Mine is at 1 PM. 

A&P: I don't think is on case studies (that is more in depth physiology), I would say is on each organ system, bones, regional terms, ect. However, I don't know if we have to know all the neurotrasmitters & what they do. Also all the hormones and what they do. How in depth the questions are is what I'm having issues with. :/ I know that understanding the concepts helps a lot, not memorizing. I can't wait for this month to pass.lol

Archived