MDC 2015 APPLICANTS POST HERE

As for back up plans... they asked me that in my interview.  I told them everything I had done for the last 5-10 years was geared towards applying for this program. Two years ago  I retired from my job after 27 years to apply for this program (could have stayed 5 more years).  I took the required classes full time (finished June 2014).  I worked for the school as a tutor in Micro, A&P, and Chem. and Math to keep up on the material.   I had no fall back plan and I told them that If I didn't get in this year they would see me again next year. 

Keep at it and work on your resume.  Your persistence will be rewarded.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JMS they give a lot of points to local applicants so that could be one thing. For everybody again one school in todays market is not enough you have to apply to several, I would say minimum four or five. If lucky you get in at all of them and then you can pick best option. There is no right or wrong answer to back up plan whether it is another program or reapplying it is just your personal path. Nothing wrong with going for nursing as a second option, by far more nursing schools out there than PA schools. 

Thanks again for the insight everyone! I think I have a better idea of what my weaknesses were. I wish I had a little bit more time between my test and the interview to prepare but I think I did the best I could do for this year and I'll figure out a new way to approach it for next time.

• 8 months later...

2 Students I helped prepare... constantly asked me for info. regarding exam questions and interview but wont leave feedback or help those in need in the forums.... Now that they have gotten to the main dance... Just grinds my gears when people don't help others achieve success. I can promise you all that I'd be there to help when we are in the fight of our lives in the 2 year program. :-)

Archived