2016 January Admission

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I submitted my CASPA in Mid-July, got my confirmation email at the beginning of October, and received my interview invite via mail halfway through December.  I would assume you find out you're waitlisted through mail since ever other communication has been done through mail.

I interviewed with one of the professors.  There were 28 of us (at least there were supposed to be, I'm not sure if everyone showed up), and then we were divided into 4 groups, so then there were 7 interviews going on at once, and then two groups went on a tour and the last group had to wait around.

Hey guys!

I'm a current student here in the class of 2016, and while I just started a little over a month ago, I'd be more than willing to answer any questions you guys have. I know that I was obsessively checking the forums for all of the schools I applied to before I came here, so I can 100% sympathize with the stressful situation you all are going through!

Feel free to post questions on here or PM me with any questions you guys have about the program/interview process/life in Manchester, etc.! (I'll try to check in regularly to answer y'alls questions!)

And while this may sound stupid, it really is the best advice you can get for any interview - stay as calm as possible, be honest, and be yourself. This interview was by far the most relaxed one that I had, so try not to put yourself under any unnecessary stress! Good luck!

Hi ,

R u able to share what all subjects you have started for spring 2015 and what all books you are using .

That will help .

Thanx

Klq,I turned in my app in mid July, I interviewed Feb 26th and received my acceptance exactly a week after in the mail so they are pretty quick with getting back to you. The interview day is very relaxed and the students and faculty are great. The interview is a one on one with a faculty member, but nothing to worry or be nervous about, good luck!

Hi ,

R u able to share what all subjects you have started for spring 2015 and what all books you are using .

That will help .

Thanx

The classes this semester are: Healthcare Issues, Clin Med I, Pharmacology I, Anatomy, Patho/Phys, and Patient Assessment.

Honestly, while I bought a few of the books, they are entirely unnecessary. The only one I would recommend is Current Medical Diagnoses.

The classes this semester are: Healthcare Issues, Clin Med I, Pharmacology I, Anatomy, Patho/Phys, and Patient Assessment.

Honestly, while I bought a few of the books, they are entirely unnecessary. The only one I would recommend is Current Medical Diagnoses.

Thanks your inputs .If you feel books are unnecessary , where do you study from ...class slides or online or notes . What is your strategy for studying ? And for PANCE when people start preparing ?

Thanks your inputs .If you feel books are unnecessary , where do you study from ...class slides or online or notes . What is your strategy for studying ? And for PANCE when people start preparing ?

I study almost exclusively from the slides/my notes. My strategy is to just start early, get as much repetition in as possible, and not stress about it. I'll send you a PM with a more comprehensive explanation of my study strategies. Haha, the PANCE... the mystical exam that we all like to pretend isn't real... Some students have already started reviewing study books for it. Personally, I'm going to focus on the matter at hand. Aka, the didactic year. The PANCE sounds like a problem for future me.

I called them a while ago, she said the files are with the committee, so they are not sent last week. Hang on there.

The earliest we will be hearing through mail for the people who interviewed on March 19 would be this coming Thursday. The people and the program were both amazing. I would love to be accepted here. 

Archived