Hours, schedule questions?

Hi everyone, I used to work in veterinary medicine, and recently I took 3 pre-req courses for PA.  I am really interested in becoming a PA because it feels like the most important thing I can do. I like helping people with their health. However, I have a five year old son, and I worry that I won't be able to keep up with the workload of school.  

I've heard that UNT is school mostly M-F 8:00 - 5:00 with extra studying as well.  How many hours per week do you typically study?  Once you're out of school and practicing, what is realistic as far as your schedule?

I always like to logically consider things and not have them sugar coated, so feel free to lay it out there :)

Thank you!

~doglover

• 4 weeks later...

Hey doglover, 

While I don't have children and will not be starting UNTHSC's PA program until July (so I can't speak to your specific questions), I will say that I know there are many current students who have been able to balance PA school with children and families, for what that's worth. :)

Hi everyone, I used to work in veterinary medicine, and recently I took 3 pre-req courses for PA.  I am really interested in becoming a PA because it feels like the most important thing I can do. I like helping people with their health. However, I have a five year old son, and I worry that I won't be able to keep up with the workload of school.  

I've heard that UNT is school mostly M-F 8:00 - 5:00 with extra studying as well.  How many hours per week do you typically study?  Once you're out of school and practicing, what is realistic as far as your schedule?

I always like to logically consider things and not have them sugar coated, so feel free to lay it out there :)

Thank you!

~doglover

Archived